Company Name: The City of Tacoma
Phone Number: (253) 502-8158
Job Title: Construction & Maintenance Manager (Line, Substations and HFC)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: May 24, 2016
Salary: $140,816.00 - $180,523.20
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Days
|This position is responsible for the day-to-day oversight and management of the Tacoma Power Transmission & Distribution Construction & Maintenance functions including overhead, underground, substations, Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) construction, tree trimming, asset management and work practices.
- Plan, prioritize and assign work
- Capital and O&M budget planning, execution and tracking
- Manage work with safety of the employees and public as the priority and focus
- Manage work within labor contract requirements
- Manage work within regulatory compliance requirements
- Manage, coach, mentor and train staff
- Provide regular meaningful feedback to staff, aligning individual expectations and goals with organizational goals and strategies
- Monitor and report work process improvements, efficiency gains, cost and benefits
- Contribute at the management level to the direction of the T&D department
- Coordinate system restoration response and communications with System Operations & Planning
- Responsible for the safety and management of approximately 195 personnel and 50 contract workers
- Responsible for proper management of procurement contracts
- Must be able to assess and organize large amounts of information to concisely communicate with others
- Responsible for the administrative duties associated with planning and managing the assigned work groups, and the dependencies across the department and the organization
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with degree in engineering, business management or related discipline or eight years increasingly responsible experience in the utility industry and four years of management/supervisory experience. The successful candidate will have demonstrated competencies and significant accomplishments from prior work experience.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should attach a resume and cover letter that includes major responsibilities and accomplishments related to this position.
Applicants who have the strongest background related to the responsibilities of this position may be invited to participate in one or more interviews. Appointment is subject to passing a background check.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AND FILED ONLINE AT:
Posting End Date: June 13, 2016