Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Construction Electrical Engineer II/III- Substation Engineering R16-394
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Substation
Posting Start Date: January 12, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until Filled
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Construction Electrical Engineer II/III- Substation Engineering
Plan, coordinate, and execute large scale substation construction and testing activities. Develop construction sequencing and implementation plans, validate construction estimates and document and communicate construction and testing activities with all affected PGE departments. Identify and support execution of process changes targeted at improving safety, reliability, and efficiency of the various work activities associated with construction activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support high level coordinated construction schedule development with major outage requirements.
- Develop detailed construction sequencing plans for complex construction and testing processes considering:
- Internal and external resource requirements
- Major equipment and material delivery schedules
- Tools, vehicles and special equipment requirements
- Outage requirements
- Protection testing requirements
- Coordination with other entities, Generation, Distribution, Transmission, System Protection & Automation, Communications, etc.
- Support construction crews on design and construction issues:
- Constructability reviews
- Design philosophy
- Design additions or changes during construction
- Equipment integration
- Identify and coordinate training on new equipment.
- Support overall Project management with construction phase scoping, estimating and budget changes.
- Support execution of processes that review project construction activities and apply lean concepts to improve safety, reliability, and efficiency of the project.
- Coordinates with outside entities such as,
- PGE system control center
- Other interconnected utilities
- Major customers through Key Customer Managers
- Other PGE departments, System Protection & Automation, Generation, Transmission, Distribution, Communications, Project Management, etc.
- Support Meter/Relay Technicians with design issues and changes.
- Typical candidate will have a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering and a Professional Engineer License with five-plus years of responsible engineering experience in utility design or construction.
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills and ability to speak to groups.
- Working knowledge of utility transmission and distribution Substation Operation.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex substation operational procedures, practices and standards.
- Ability to scope, estimate, evaluate and report on construction work processes.
- Analytical skills to evaluate project construction costs and schedule and report out on trends, scorecard metrics, and variances.
- Ability to organize and lead weekly schedule meetings with internal and external departments.
- Proficiency in problem solving and analysis.
- Skill and knowledge of electrical utility infrastructure construction and testing practices.
- Effective at building professional interdepartmental relationships.
- Experience leading groups through process improvements and work stream efficiencies using LEAN principles.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret substation drawings.
- Working knowledge of union contracts and processes a plus.
- Demonstration of success in lead role.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R16-394 If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: February 17, 2017