Company Name: Plumas Sierra Rural Electric Cooperative
Phone Number: (530) 832-4261
Job Title: Community Relations Manager
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Communications / Public Relations
Posting Start Date: August 1, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Coordinates and implements programs and projects, including public relations, special events management, advertising and emerging technologies.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and update Cooperative web sites and social media accounts;
- Assist with the management of public relations and communications efforts to establish and maintain the image of the Cooperative both internally and externally;
- Assist Department Manager in planning and preparing internal and external publications and materials including preparation of page layout and design, story writing, editing, proofreading and generally ensuring high quality for the Cooperative’s publications and Cooperative’s sales and informational materials;
- Schedule and track promotional programs using Department planning calendars and systems;
- Handle photography work as assigned or requested. Organize and maintain employee, director and general photo and slide library;
- Assist in the development, research, preparation, and implementation of educational and safety programs for local schools and other civic groups;
- Assist Department Manager with media relations, annual meeting planning, and other related events and represent the Cooperative during community projects and at public, social and business gatherings;
- Administer heat pump program;
- Provide clerical assistance as necessary for Department programs; and
- Assist Department Manager in meeting needs of other Departments.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and Visio is a plus, but not required.
How to Apply:
Salary DOE. This is a full-time management position offering health, vision and dental benefits, as well as 401K with matching employer contributions and a pension plan.
Deadline to apply is October 2, 2017.
If interested please email resume AND employment application to:
A PSREC employment application can be found at www.psrec.coop.
PSREC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Posting End Date: August 31, 2017