Company Name: PUD No. 1 of Okanogan County
Phone Number: (509) 422-8471
Job Title: Community Relations Coordinator
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Communications / Public Relations
Posting Start Date: August 10, 2018
Salary: Grade 9: DOE
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
This position plays an integral role in executing the District’s mission, vision and values by providing safe and reliable power to our community. The primary purpose of this position is to facilitate and promote open and timely information exchange between the District and customers, customer groups and the community to enable customers to experience outstanding service.
- Responsible for the development, review and release of various public announcements and press releases and public information campaigns on district programs and projects; coordinates the preparation of such documents with the operating documents to gather relevant information.
- Serves as the key advisor to the general manager and all departments on the planning, development, implementation and management of communications, marketing and public relations.
- Serves as primary media contact, spokesperson and public information officer.
- Create and maintain information on the District website and social media channels. Ensure that information is accurate, up-to-date, and consistent with District messaging strategies, goals and guidelines.
- Plan and execute community involvement activities designed to education customers about District services and to foster goodwill for the District within the community, such as District presentations, participation in parades, volunteer days, fairs and festivals.
- Create customer and employee-facing communications related to outages including status updates, outage graphics and press releases.
- Contribute innovative ideas, solutions and informational content when necessary to various internal team meetings, committees and other assigned team initiatives. Serves as a team, committees or project lead as needed. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to formalize and execute internal team, committee and project action items to ensure deadlines are met, resources are used responsibly and strategic planning goals are met or exceeded.
- Communicate in a professional, respectful and courteous manner with all employees, contractors, customers, and all other with whom we work. Contribute to a successful and productive work group through position interactions, active listening, meaningful collaborations and the construction exchange of ideas designed to meet or exceed District strategic goals.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned to meet team, department, and organizational goals. Actively demonstrate accountability and responsibility for achieving desired outcomes and measurable results.
- Accurate and timely completion of paperwork is a must in this position.
- Regular and punctual attendance is essential to the success of this position.
- Knowledge and demonstration of District values to situations that arise which cannot be readily solved by application of code, departmental procedure or District policy. District values include dedication, integrity and professionalism.
- Must be willing and able to work after hours.
- Must have strong interpersonal/communication skills and emotional intelligence to function as part of a team and help maintain a positive workplace.
- Maintain confidentiality of District records and information.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate ability to set and meet deadlines, organize resources, establish priorities and utilize work scheduling techniques.
- Must be able to understand and carry out detailed oral and written instructions.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in conduct and appearance at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required;
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of directly related work experience, or
- Bachelor Degree in communications, marketing, journalism, public affairs, or other related field is preferred with three (3) years of directly related work experience.
How to Apply:
Please see www.okanoganpud.org for job description, requirements, and submit application with resume and cover letter. Okanogan PUD is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
Posting End Date: August 24, 2018