Company Name: Vera Water and Power
Phone Number: (509) 924-3800
Job Title: Communications Specialist
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Communications/Public Relations
Posting Start Date: March 10, 2016
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: hours
The Communications Specialist will work as part of the Information Technology Department reporting to the IT Director and coordinating with other departments to develop, implement, and maintain methods, procedures, or systems to improve and promote communication with customers, staff, and other agencies. The Communications Specialist will be expected to perform the following:
• Create, develop and manage content for the company website
• Create, write, edit, print and distribute printed materials and publications to include formal reports, newsletters, and other business correspondence
• Maintain compliance with electronic and printed media standard requirements such as ADA, W3C, and copyright laws
• Manage company social media tools and ensure rapid communication of critical information to customers
• Assist with development and customization of company SharePoint content • Edit and proofread all electronic or printed media content
• Create community engagement strategies
• Create, write and edit technical guides, help documents and business process documentation
• B.A. or B.S. in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing or a related field.
• At least 3 years of professional experience in a closely-related field.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with content management systems.
• Experience with Adobe products, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
|• Experience with Microsoft Office products and SharePoint. Experience with the following is a plus:
• HTML and CSS development
• SharePoint content development and site design
• Photography and videography
• Following and developing style guides
Posting End Date: April 8, 2016