Company Name: Chelan County PUD
Job Title: Communications (Fiber) Lineman
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Telecommunications
Posting Start Date: March 15, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Days
Install and maintain overhead and underground fiber optic systems. Complete assigned work in a safe and efficient manner and maintain general condition of assigned equipment and tools. May be responsible for completing time slips, forms and reports affecting work assignments in a timely manner. May be required to work with or without supervision when not working with fiber optic crews.
JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job satisfactorily. Essential functions (EF) are those activities that, if not performed, would significantly and fundamentally alter the position. Secondary functions (SF) are activities not fundamental to the job and may need to be relaxed to accommodate an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability. In the aggregate, secondary functions typically account for less than 15% of the job scope.
# EF/SF % of Time Job Functions
1. EF 80% Perform installation and splicing of the overhead and underground fiber optic system. Efficiently construct all phases of overhead and underground fiber optics work including splicing in compliance with all District fiber optics construction standards and practices.
2. EF 15% Responsible for assigned tools and equipment needed to install and maintain the Districts fiber optic system. This includes responsibility for protection and functional order of tools and may include purchasing and inventory of new equipment, tools, and learning new technology.
3. EF 5% Perform truck driving; assist in wire pulling, manual excavation and general construction.
4. EF Ongoing Drive a motorized vehicle while conducting business on behalf of the District.
5. EF Ongoing Maintain regular and predictable attendance. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required. Comply with District policies. Complete all required training. Maintain a working knowledge and comply with District safety procedures and specific safety requirements of this position, and those in accordance with applicable provisions of the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) and Washington Administrative Code (WAC).
No higher level education required. Some college or fiber optic training desired.
Typically requires one (1) year of line crew or fiber optic construction and maintenance experience.
Specific KSA’s: A fully skilled incumbent will have the following specific knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Requires ability to perform construction and splicing practices for the installation and splicing of the overhead and underground fiber optic system. Requires experience and interpretation abilities of construction drawings and construction and operating instructions. Requires experience or ability to learn the use of personal and/or laptop computers. Requires good interpersonal skills to interact and communicate with customers and contractors. Must possess or obtain within six (6) months a current First Aid, CPR certifications, Flagging certifications a valid Washington State Class A Commercial Driver’s License with current medical card and air brake restriction removed.
Safety is first at Chelan PUD. Join our team, live, work and play in the beautiful Wenatchee Valley. Here you will enjoy about 300 days of sunshine, truly the best of the Pacific Northwest. We are a community that rallied behind a vision to build a dam that would free the west and made history with the first transpacific flight.
Chelan PUD is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its workforce. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
How to Apply:
Although the position is Open Until Filled, applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The first review date is scheduled for April 5, 2018. See full job description and apply online (job number 11273) under Careers at www.chelanpud.org
Posting End Date: April 11, 2018