Website Clark Public Utilities
Standards Engineer/Senior Standards Engineer
This full-time position reports to the Manager of Systems Engineering & Planning and is located at the Operations Center, 8600 NE 117th Avenue, Vancouver, WA 98662.
*The position will be filled at the appropriate level based on background and experience.
WHAT YOU WOULD DO:
This position develops the Utility’s construction standards and material specifications to comply with goals and meet industry standards.
- Maintain the Standards Book for compliance with goals and applicable codes.
- Produce construction standards publications and updates.
- Track equipment performance and report failed equipment.
- Requires regular communication with field crews, engineers and vendors.
- Produce bid specifications to support material needs for capital projects.
- Provide quality control through vendor plant and material inspection.
- Evaluate similar material for competitive bids and/or quotes.
- Produce drawings, reports, specifications and other written communication required to support construction, operation and maintenance of the Utility’s electrical system.
- Assist Engineers in applying proper codes and standards and update Engineering Manual.
- Communicate standards revisions to appropriate departments.
- Lead standards committee meetings and activities.
Must have a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and six (6) years of experience with an electric utility or similar industrial work. Position will be filled at appropriate level based on experience, education and Professional Engineer (P.E.) status. Candidate should have thorough knowledge of electrical standards and codes, and strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Candidate would demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively with others including effectively presenting information and responding to questions from other employees and customers and has effective written and oral communication skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org