Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Claims Collections Specialist R17-337
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: July 10, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 21, 2017
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Claims Collections Specialist
Serve as first point of contact for PGE customer inquiries via the telephone for insurance companies, construction companies, sub-contractors, public bodies such as municipalities and members of the public calling to inquire about invoices billing them for damage/recovery claims.
- High School or equivalent education.
- Thorough knowledge of technology systems used to investigate damage claims (Maximo, PeopleSoft, Banner, OMS, DMS, ArcFM Webviewer, Excel, word & Outlook).
- Basic knowledge of overhead and underground construction standards and practices, including construction and electrical code
- Excellent investigation, research and analytical skills, excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent human relations skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills, with the ability to juggle large volumes of work
- Basic knowledge of credit&collection laws
- Basic knowledge of Dig-in rules
- Basic knowledge of miscellaneous billing such as Unity, UAM, general billing.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- May involve driving to various locations in PGE’s service territory where damage/accidents occurred as well as to various meeting locations. Must have a current driver’s license and clean driving record.
How to Apply:
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R17-337. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: July 21, 2017