Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Civil Engineer II/III – Substation Engineering (R16-397)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: April 28, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Civil Engineer – Substation Engineering
Provide civil engineering design for substation projects and civil engineering support services to Substation Operations construction crews
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide site grading, drainage and erosion control design for new substations and expansion of existing substations.
- Provide fencing, foundation and structural design for substation projects.
- Provide oil spill containment design and SPCC plan for substation projects.
- Provides direction to designers and drafters who prepare project construction drawings.
- Work with engineering consultants.
- Typically requires a B.S. in Civil Engineering. Structural emphasis with coursework or experience in steel and concrete design a plus.
- Ideal candidate would have successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam and is working towards obtaining their Professional Engineer License in civil engineering.
- Requires between 2 and 8 years of experience in engineering and design for electric utility systems and/or generation.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in problem solving and analysis.
- Effective at building professional interdepartmental relationship.
- Proficiency in structural modeling software such as STADD Pro and foundation design software such as LPile is a plus.
- Working knowledge of 3D civil software such as AutoCad Civil 3D a plus.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R16-397 If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: May 26, 2017