Website City of Richland
Under the direction of the Maintenance and Operations Supervisor or designee, operates and maintains electrical revenue metering and substation equipment; performs maintenance, repair, tests and calibrations on all types of electrical energy metering; performs underground fault locating and construction, fabrication and welding as needed. Subject to 24-hour call for emergency situations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Three (3) years of journey-level experience as a MPP Tech I, with a demonstrated proficiency of all requirements of the position.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Valid driver’s license.
- Four (4) years of direct Journeyman level experience.
- Three (3) years of direct experience installing, programming, testing, and troubleshooting protective relays, revenue meters, or substation maintenance equipment.
- Intermediate knowledge of Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) relays.
- Experience, education, and training in more than just one of the following journeyman classifications: Meter Technician, Relay Technician or Substation Electrician.
- Prior experience and/or training performing underground fault location.
- Prior experience programming Program Logic Controllers (PLCs).
- Prior fabrication and welding experience.
- Applied knowledge of laws and regulations that govern the electrical industry in the State of Washington.
- Working knowledge specifically in the following Microsoft programs: Excel, SharePoint, and Word.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.