Website City of Richland
Under the direction of the Maintenance & Operations Supervisor or designee, performs skilled installation, construction, maintenance, and repair of the City’s electrical utility distribution and transmission systems. Prepares and updates reports and records, including updating work order maps. Subject to 24-hour callout for emergency situations.
The expected regular work schedule will be 4 – 10 hour shifts per work week.
Click here to view the complete job description to include essential functions and working conditions.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Journey Lineworker Certification.
- Valid driver’s license with a Class “A” CDL.
- First Aid, CPR, and Flagger Certifications within three (3) months of hire date.
- Three (3) or more years of experience working with underground cable and terminations.
- Three (3) or more years of experience using hot sticks.
- Ability to operate assigned equipment such as a bucket truck, boom truck, backhoe, and overhead and underground wire pulling equipment.
- Knowledge of O.S.H.A. and W.I.S.H.A. regulations and policies and procedures applicable to assigned tasks.
- Knowledge of project management cost and schedule controls.
- Ability to operate a computer system in a windows based environment with knowledge of Microsoft Office Software.
Although this position is 'Open Until Filled", first consideration will be given to qualified applicants that apply on or before 11:59 P.M., October 15, 2021. Those who apply after this date will be given second consideration if the position has not been filled.
Final selection will be based on overall qualifications, oral board interview, background/reference check, and pre-employment physical commensurate to the position, to include DOT drug & alcohol screening.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.