Website City of Richland
The City of Richland’s Energy Services department is looking for a well-qualified Electrical Distribution Engineer I to perform entry/intermediate technical work planning, developing, and designing electrical utility substation systems, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the general direction of the Chief Electrical Engineer (supervisor).
All employees are expected to model and foster the City of Richland’s core values in the performance of their duties and their interactions while representing the City. The values of Teamwork, Integrity, and Excellence promote and maintain a high level of morale and productivity, and are the tie that binds all City employees together, across all functions.
Click here to view the complete job description to include essential functions and working conditions.
Valid driver's license.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree with coursework in electrical engineering, engineering, or related field and one (1) year experience in utility engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree specifically in Electrical Engineering.
- Prior electrical utility substation design experience.
- Standards development and management (engineering specifications/drawings) experience.
- Configuration management (documentation control, work order package development) experience.
- PMI certification or demonstrated project management experience.
- Intermediate MS Project knowledge and/or experience.
- Basic MS Outlook, Excel and Word knowledge and/or experience.
This position will remain open until filled, although qualified applicants who apply by Friday October 8, 2021 will be given first consideration.
Selection will be based on overall qualifications, skills testing (if applicable), and an interview process. Final selection will be based on a comprehensive background/reference check and a pre-employment physical commensurate to the position.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.