Website City of Redding
Welcome to Redding Electric Utility!
At REU, we believe successful teams follow the “Humble, Hungry, and Smart” motto. As an organization, being “Humble” means valuing all our employees’ contributions as we find the best ways to serve our community. Being “Hungry” means providing the best service possible and challenging ourselves to go above and beyond every day as we work to meet and exceed our goals. The ability to collaborate and adapt to the needs of our teams and community is a “Smart” way to garner results that positively impact our city. If you embrace these core values, you are encouraged to apply for a rewarding career with REU.
Our mission is simple: to improve public safety and provide reliable, cost-effective services for the people and businesses in Redding, California. Our employees are vital to our success as a publicly-owned utility in this mission.
We value the diverse range of skills and talents it takes to deliver excellent service to our community. We invest in and empower our employees through our commitment to continued professional development opportunities in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Please consider one of the great career opportunities available at REU!
We are looking for someone to:
- Promote safe work practices. Ensure compliance with OSHA and Cal-OSHA regulations, industry standard practices, and the City of Redding and Redding Electric Utility power plant safety programs.
- Promote positive environmental stewardship work practices. Ensure compliance and adherence to government environmental regulations, industry standard practices, and City of Redding, Redding Electric Utility, and power plant environmental compliance programs.
- Ensure that electrical generation outputs and power plant equipment response to plant operation schedules are maintained at levels as determined by the REU Energy Management group.
- Supervise and direct the daily activities of the operations or maintenance staff in accordance with Redding Electric Utility goals and objectives. Plan, direct, coordinate, supervise and review the tasks and objectives of assigned power plant operations or maintenance personnel in accordance with Redding Electric Utility goals and objectives. Provide technical support to staff as required.
- Promote and sustain positive morale and motivation of plant personnel. Act as an advocate for the continued professional development of assigned staff.
Qualifications we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of power plant operations and maintenance principles, processes, procedures and regulations
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and control maintenance techniques/procedures
- Knowledge of safety procedures and techniques
- Knowledge of tools and equipment used in the installation, modification, maintenance and operation of steam and combustion turbine generating facilities
- Knowledge of associated mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, electronic and computer systems/software
- Ability to interact effectively with the public and City of Redding employees
- Ability to immediately respond to changes in plant conditions
- Ability to supervise the work of others
- Ability to plan and schedule work and coordinate with other departments and regulatory agencies
Education, Experience, and Special Requirements:
Any combination of training and experience or education that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying.
- Typical education would include an AA degree from an accredited college, university, or equivalent. A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related field is desirable.
- Typical experience would include five years of power plant operations and / or maintenance and three years of supervision experience; or five years of plant engineering experience and three years of supervisory experience.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license, or the ability to acquire one within ten days of appointment.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.