Join our team! Learn more and apply online by March 2, 2021 at www.cityofredding.org/jobs
The City of Redding Electric Utility (REU) is seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as the Electric Program Supervisor in the Meter Shop. The incumbent will supervise the daily operations of the Electric Meter Shop and manages financial resources including capital and operations/maintenance budgets. This supervisor directs staff assigned to the meter shop and field services departments. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, supervision of the installation, reading, testing and repair of revenue meters and recording instruments; operate, program, and maintain software and computer equipment related to maintaining inventory, metering, voltage recording, and AMI applications; perform recording voltage surveys at customer service panels; test, calibrate, install, service, repair and maintain devices and equipment; communicate and interact with customers, contractors, other City employees and associated government agencies; and perform other related duties as required.
Typical Qualifications: Any combination of training and experience or education that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Typical education would include college or technical/vocational school courses in math, electrical theory, or related field preferred. Typical experience would include five (5) years relevant experience in the electric meter systems field. Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may substitute. Five (5) years relevant supervisory experience desirable.
Examples of Duties:
- Provide supervision, coaching, evaluation, and training of staff assigned;
- Assist in the development of City electric meter specifications, oversee the application of standard metering practices and enforce metering best practices to contractors and customers;
- Oversee the purchase and installation of electric meters and evaluate new metering technologies that may be available;
- Provide technical support for utility billing, meter reading, field engineering, customer service representatives, contractors, the Development Services Department, and other City departments related to electric metering and safety;
- Oversee the work involved in resolving customer concerns related to revenue meter locations, meter accuracy, power quality, RFI/TVI issues and issues regarding electric service diversion;
- Provide, maintain, and develop records, test reports, and test procedures for the meter shop and assist utility billing with commercial and residential high bill investigations and reports;
Oversee the operation, programming, and maintenance of software and computer equipment related to inventory, metering, voltage recording, and AMI applications;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Learn more about working for the City of Redding at www.cityofredding.org/liveworkplay
Application Process: Interested individuals must submit a City of Redding online employment application in order to be considered. Applications not submitted by the close of the recruitment may not be considered; therefore, prompt application is encouraged.
Examination Process: An oral board interview will be administered.
Veterans Credit: Veterans who have received an honorable discharge from the military service and receive a passing score on the examination will have 2 points added to their final examination score. To obtain this credit, veterans MUST provide a copy of the DD214, indicating honorable discharge, WITH EACH EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION BY THE CLOSING DATE.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/FEDERAL AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.