Website City of Redding
Welcome to Redding Electric Utility!
At REU, we believe successful teams follow the “Humble, Hungry, and Smart” motto. As an organization, being “Humble” means valuing all our employees’ contributions as we find the best ways to serve our community. Being “Hungry” means providing the best service possible and challenging ourselves to go above and beyond every day as we work to meet and exceed our goals. The ability to collaborate and adapt to the needs of our teams and community is a “Smart” way to garner results that positively impact our city. If you embrace these core values, you are encouraged to apply for a rewarding career with REU.
Our mission is simple: to improve public safety and provide reliable, cost-effective services for the people and businesses in Redding, California. Our employees are vital to our success as a publicly-owned utility in this mission.
We value the diverse range of skills and talents it takes to deliver excellent service to our community. We invest in and empower our employees through our commitment to continued professional development opportunities in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Please consider one of the great career opportunities available at REU!
We are looking for someone to:
- Design and implement the Electric Utility’s rate structures, ensuring rates are adequate to generate required revenue, are equitable across customer classes, and are competitive in the market place. Design rate incentive programs that are compatible with the power supply resource portfolio. Develop documentation for presenting rate design alternatives to the City Council and the general public.
- Develop load forecasts for resource, rate, and financial planning purposes.
- Recommend various financial strategies for funding all departmental functions including Redding’s participation in joint-action agencies such as M-S-R and TANC.
- Forecast long-, intermediate, and short-term economic and financial trends; prepare and present options for utility strategic planning and for management decision making; prepare and present graphic presentations of forecast and planning results for the Electric Utility.
- Prepare annual Electric Utility’s operating budget and provide continuous monitoring of revenues and expenses. Develop and present management information reports for Electric Utility Director and other Department Managers. Maintain continuous liaison with the Finance and Information Technology Departments. Review Finance and Information Technology Department’s methodologies and reconcile discrepancies between Electric Utility’s and the other department’s records.
- Provide independent review of the financial and credit aspects of the Department’s wholesale power transactions. This includes chairing the Energy Risk Management Committee that will recommend updated policies, practices, and procedures to the Director, and periodically update a list of credit-worthy parties including dollar limits.
Qualifications we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of management, finance, and administration of a publicly owned electric utility
- Knowledge of outside agency regulations that apply to electric utility finance, credit, and administration operations
- Knowledge of professional competency in economic and financial forecasting
- Knowledge of extensive knowledge of electric utility rate philosophy and design, utility financing, and the utility regulatory process
- Ability to interact effectively with the public, City Council, City management and employees
- Ability to conduct research, make complex calculations quickly and accurately, make accurate economic and financial forecasts
- Ability to make clear and concise presentations on complex issues to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to work closely with and provide policy recommendations to Electric Utility Director and other Department Managers
Education, Experience, and Special Requirements:
Any combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying
- Typical education would include a degree from an accredited college or university in Economics, Finance, Business, or related fields. An MBA or advanced certification, i.e., CPA/CMA/CFA is desired.
- Typical experience would include seven years’ increasingly responsible experience in developing, analyzing, and presenting economic and financial data, and municipal financing and investing, with at least two years in a supervisory capacity.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license, or the ability the acquire one within ten days of appointment.
What to expect from the Application and Exam Process:
You will receive notifications pertaining to this recruitment at the e-mail address and text message number provided on your application. Email correspondence may go to your spam and junk mail folders.
Examination Process: An oral board interview will be administered. This recruitment will establish an eligibility list and may be used to fill future vacancies.
Selection Process: Final appointment is contingent upon:
- Positive past employment references
- Passing a city paid fingerprint criminal conviction check (applicants 18 and older)
Veteran’s Credit: Applicants who attach a copy of the DD-214 to their application indicating “Honorable Discharge” from military service and receive a passing score on the examination process will have two (2) additional points added to their final examination score.
The City of Redding adheres to Cal/OSHA COVID-19 requirements.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/FEDERAL AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.