Website City of Monmouth, Oregon
Performs duties required for the installation and maintenance of underground and overhead electrical distribution and transmission systems. Works under the direct supervision of the crew Foreman.
- Pulls in and terminates overhead and underground conductors.
- Digs ditches/trenches, installs vaults and/or conduit, and backfills.
- Sets/hangs transformers and makes connections.
- Operates Power and Light equipment as needed.
- Delivers exemplary customer service to customers, contractors, vendors, etc.
- Sets, frames, and transfers power poles using hotsticks when energized.
- Participates in tailboard discussions.
- Utilizes test equipment including high and low voltage, fault locating, and line locating equipment.
- Performs power switching as directed.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs system damages due to emergency situations and unplanned outages.
- Sets meters. Performs line locates and provides complete documentation.
- Maintains safeguards around confidential and/or sensitive files and documents.
- Maintains cooperative working relationship with staff, other organizations, and the public.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures for work areas; Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly manner .
- May provide assistance to other department personnel as workload and staffing levels dictate.
- Maintains proficiency by attending training and meetings, reading materials, and meeting with others in areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the duties as described. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills, abilities would be: High School graduation with specialized training and education for IBEW Journeyman Lineman Certificate, and a minimum of three years of power and light experience. CPR/First Aid, Commercial Driver's License-Class A, Flagging Certificate, and/or Forklift Operator Certificate preferred.
Only degrees received from an accredited institution will be accepted: accreditation must be recognized by the office of degree authorization, US Department of Education, as required by ORS 348.609. Final candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for required degree.
A valid Oregon Driver’s License is required. IBEW Journeyman Lineman Certificate required. CPR/First Aid, Flagging Certificate, and Forklift Operator Certificate required within 6 months of hire.
Electrical theory; utility operation; safety compliance; installation, planning, work processes, and inspections of Power and Light operations; CPR/first aid; heavy duty vehicle and equipment operation; pole top rescue; aerial lift rescue; confined space rescue; flagging; metering and metering safety; clearances/lock out-tag out; Material Safety Data Sheets(MSDS); substation safety; and, Federal, State, and local safety rules and regulations.
Drive and operate heavy duty vehicles and Power and Light equipment and tools; computer skills, preferably in Microsoft Office Suite® products including spreadsheets, database, and word processing; verbal and written communication skills; customer service skills; time management skills; problem-solving skills; team building skills; and, analytical skills.
Work collaboratively in a team environment with diverse populations; communicate effectively and respectfully at all levels; read and interpret maps, sketches, and schematics; adapt to change; make objective decisions; represent the City professionally; apply professional judgment and discretion in all situations and maintain highest standards of confidentiality and appropriateness; develop and demonstrate highly effective interpersonal relationships, one-on-one, and as a team member; apply good problem-solving skills; cope effectively with conflict; work effectively and collaboratively with staff, other organizations, and the general public; drive and operate heavy duty vehicles; operate Power and Light equipment and tools and telephones/radios, computer, and other office equipment. Physical ability to perform the essential job functions and utilize protective clothing and gear. Pass a criminal background check.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.