Website City of Ellensburg
The City of Ellensburg has a vacancy in the Public Works & Utilities Department for a Sustainability & Energy Coordinator.
The Coordinator will guide and support development, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of sustainability programs and initiatives through collaborative work across City utilities, departments, and services.
This position assists with the development and implementation of energy/low carbon intensity strategies to meet municipal operations and community targets. The primary duties of this position are to support the needs of the City’s electric and natural gas utilities and sustainability actions across all departments and services. The Coordinator will work with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders including engineers, project managers, operations, planners, contractors, regulators, educators, and communications professionals, etc. to evaluate proposed projects for regulatory applicability; reviewing and analyzing project scope, work methods, and other related potential environmental and emissions impacts.
This is a full-time benefited position. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. Retirement under the Washington State Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), VEBA, Paid Time Off (PTO), holidays, and employee choice days.
Salary: $6,387 – $7,227/month
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university in an applicable field, such as economics, public policy, law, business administration, planning, environmental policy, or environmental science
· Three (3) years of professional experience in a field related to utilities, sustainability, public administration, or similar.
· An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience may be considered.
· Valid State driver’s license or have the ability to obtain one prior to employment
· First Aid/CPR/AED certification or ability to obtain within six (6) months
· Must be able to pass federally mandated pre-employment and random drug testing.
· SQL experience
· Bilingual English/Spanish
To view a complete job description with detailed duties, responsibilities, and necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities and information on how to apply, visit the employment section of our website at www.ci.ellensburg.wa.us. This position is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. EOE.
To apply for this job please visit ci.ellensburg.wa.us.