Under supervision of the Information Services Director, the position performs a variety of information systems technical duties including assistance with hardware and software maintenance, assistance with user support associated with the City’s computers and network operations; assistance in maintaining desktop workstations; provides assistance in maintaining the City’s network system; and performs other duties as assigned.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
1. Provide assistance in maintaining and configuring end-user desktop computers and printers.
2. Maintain the internal Intranet website and department webpages.
3. Assist in the set-up and installation of software programs and desktop hardware equipment.
4. Perform duties as the front-line help desk operator and entering problem tickets.
5. Respond to client inquiries concerning computer system operation and work with the IS Manager and IS Specialist to resolve any issues.
6. Provide assistance in various information technology projects that impact the user environment.
7. Install system patches and ensure computers are up-to-date.
Many of the work functions are performed in an office environment. The Information Services Technician may be required to stoop, bend, sit, squat and climb while working on equipment. Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Flexible work hours with some evening and weekend work, as required.Additional Information:
High school diploma or G.E.D. and an Associates Degree (or equivalent) in computer science or related field and two years experience in work related to the support and administration of computer networks; work experience including hardware, software and computer repair; or any combination of education and experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the job.
Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor and other City Employees.
Ability to install and operate a variety of Windows Operating Systems.
Ability to analyze, diagnose and resolve computer software problems and ensure efficient resolution.
Ability to accurately maintain an inventory of network items and assets.
Ability to communicate effective with end-users.
Ability to obtain and complete CJIS training within first 6 months of employment.
Persons considered for hiring will undergo a thorough background investigation and fingerprints are required. Valid Washington State driver's license with acceptable driving record are required.
To apply, please submit a City of Centralia employment application, available at www.cityofcentralia.com, to: Human Resources Office, PO Box 609 / 118 W Maple, Centralia, WA 98531 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mail applications must be signed and mailed after electronic filing.
To apply for this job please visit www.cityofcentralia.com.