Website City Light & Power, Inc.
City Light & Power, Inc. has built a reputation as an innovative, reliable, and responsive private utility development leader in the industry. CLP is seeking qualified candidates with 6+ years of Engineering/Utility Industry experience related to electrical distribution and substations.
If you are highly motivated, energetic, and hardworking individual seeking to expand and build your power engineering career with a stable, innovative, and rapidly growing utility company, this is the position for you.
The CLP Field Engineers will work on the maintenance of the electrical distribution and substation systems of our contracts with varying levels of independence based on their level and experience with support from our Electrical Engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and coordinate customer service connections (small projects that require a basic system changeout for connections) – site walks with customer, concept sketches, specifications, BOM, procurement support, customer design review, CLP design and drawings, construction support, as-builts, and final documentation. Keep engineer in the loop and seek guidance and support when needed.
- Coordinate and support engineer on large customer service connection projects – projects that require existing utility system reconfiguration, capacity increase, and/or protective device coordination.
- Keep GIS and CAD drawings/standards up-to-date – support CartoPac data collection effort in daily basis. Connect all the dots in GIS and keep circuits layout as-built condition in GIS.
- Update system one-lines and other CAD drawings as needed.
- Support engineer(s) on ISDCs and CU projects – data collections, field verifications, relay settings download/upload, event data gathering, metering information tracking etc.
- Keep track of apparatus maintenance records and assist IM for developing R&R plans – review field inspections for QA/QC, keep track of maintenance requests in GIS, keep trach of apparatus and device testing reports and assist engineer in analyzing them.
- Support CartoPac inspections and maintenance workflow – help field crew with CartoPac data collection, troubleshooting, adding data fields, and QA/QC data collections in daily basis.
- Keep track of reliability indices – enter outage reports in eReliability. Help engineer prepare outage report for large scale faults and outages.
- Support field troubleshooting and data gathering for fault events – download relay event data. Support field crew troubleshoot faults and failures.
- Be the main engineering POC on-site for the IM, field crew, and customers – engineering extension in the field. Represent engineering team in daily field operations. Directly report to designated site engineer and fill any gaps between field and engineering department.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 6-8 years’ experience required with an Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (ET) from an accredited college/university with emphasis in electrical power systems.
- 6 years’ experience required with a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) is preferred.
- Intermediate understanding of medium voltage electrical substations and distribution system.
- Experience with power system analysis, distribution system modeling, and protective device coordination.
- Experienced in blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time/cost/labor estimates for projects and services.
- Ability to prepare construction schedules in Microsoft Project.
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Must be a team player and be able to work independently with various partners from start to finish.
Occasional trips to Corporate Office or day trips between locations required.
The ability and availability to travel, attend meetings and functions outside typical business hours required.
Work Authorization and Clearance:
You must be a U.S. citizen. Military Base Security Clearance is required for this position. Valid driver’s license and ability to travel required.
CLP offers an excellent benefits package including; health, dental, life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, Paid Time Off, and holidays. For more details, refer to the current year Benefits Packet.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply for this job please visit careers.jobscore.com.