Reporting to the Executive VP, Regulatory Affairs, the position of the Senior Manager, Regulatory Affairs manages and conducts revenue requirement, cost of service and rate design studies to ensure cost recovery and the equitable recovery of costs among customers for electric, natural gas and telecommunications services. Manages the Association’s operating tariff and negotiates special contracts for electric service to retail and wholesale members. Develops alternative rate structures in response to business conditions. Maintains effective ongoing communication with the appropriate regulatory agencies, legislative committees, and other utility groups to proactively address the interests of the Association.
The Senior Manager, Regulatory Affairs must excel in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, sometimes requiring long hours to meet Association needs; this position requires both successful independent and team working environments.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the requirements of a competitive marketplace
- Knowledge and understanding of ratemaking theory and practice, particularly the various approaches to cost-of-service is required.
- Ability to withstand cross-examination in adversarial proceedings. Familiarity with primary hardware and software requirements and data processing.
- Familiarity with auditing, budgeting, economic, and statistical concepts, principles and techniques.
- Superior analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solid non-routine economic, financial and pricing analysis.
- Ability to prepare thorough, logical and defensible financial and economic analysis, and rate studies which withstand the scrutiny of regulatory agencies, consumer groups and other affected parties.
- Ability to accomplish report preparation and other departmental work in a timely manner.
- Ability to develop alternative and innovative rates in response to business conditions.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, business, or related discipline. Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Public Policy, or related is also required.
Fifteen years’ experience working for a regulated utility, with similarly complex duties through which the skills and abilities have been developed and can be demonstrated is required. Preference give to electric utility experience. Minimum of five years working at a manager level, leading teams, or serving as a subject matter expert for regulatory and/or ratemaking processes.
Must have experience in ratemaking, applying various approaches to meet cost-of-service requirements(s). Must have experience defending, supporting, and withstanding adversarial proceedings, hearings, and/or cross-examination(s).
To apply for this job please visit www.applicantpro.com.