Company Name: Umatilla Electric Cooperative
Phone Number: (541) 564-4359
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: May 9, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
Chief Operating Officer
Umatilla Electric Cooperative (UEC) is a progressive Electric Utility Cooperative located in North Eastern Oregon along the beautiful Columbia River, offering a wide variety of activities year round. UEC is experiencing rapid growth in the commercial and industrial area and has a challenging position for the right candidate. UEC is seeking a full-time Chief Operating Officer to be located at the utility office in Hermiston Oregon.
Under the direction of the General Manager and CEO, the COO is responsible for executing long-term business strategies and operational plans to support and achieve UEC’S mission and objectives. As a key member of the leadership team, this individual must influence decisions at all levels in the organization and continually enhance relationships with managers based on collaboration and clear expectations. This position will be responsible for fostering a work environment with a focus on engaged employees, driving results, member satisfaction, staff development and safety. It fosters external relationships to promote the image and competitive position of the Cooperative.
Key Duties include:
· Develop and recommend to the General Manager and CEO; the people, equipment, space, and other resources necessary for the Cooperative to achieve its goals and objectives. Devise and monitor reports to ensure that goals and objectives are met.
· Represent the Cooperative in outside meetings and foster external relationships as necessary or as directed.
· Assists department managers in the development of work plans and other planning related studies. Presents plans to General Manger and CEO for approval.
· Reviews plans and schedules regarding major projects, to assure that work is being completed on time and on budget.
· Contributes to long range planning with regard to future needs in human and material resources including capital construction and the management of aging infrastructure.
· Responsible for department manager performance evaluations on a routine basis and provides guidance and counseling regarding manager growth and development.
· Contributes to the development of managers by promoting and understanding of the responsibilities and authorities described in their position descriptions.
· Contributes to team spirit and enthusiasm throughout the Cooperative by recognizing the accomplishments of personnel; provides advice and assistance as required; and provides for promotions based on merit
Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required for this position or a combination of education and experience.
10-15 years’ of demonstrated success in Cooperative business operations is required. Recent experience working in an electrical cooperative is desired. Candidates must demonstrate expertise with multiple functions including Finance, Operations, Human Resources, IT, Engineering and Member Services. A demonstrated understanding of organizational budgeting is required.
Come join a growing business in the energy distribution field that is community minded and become part of our proud and successful Utility Management team!
Posting End Date: June 23, 2016