Company Name: City of Richland
Phone Number: (509) 942-7719
Job Title: Chief Electrical Engineer
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: June 29, 2018
Salary: $100,568 - $125,715 DOQ
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
Under the direction of the Energy Services Director, organizes, manages and provides technical support related to the design of the City’s electrical transmission and distribution systems; prepares plans for improvement to the electrical transmission and distribution systems; supervises and evaluates the work performance of assigned personnel, and performs the duties of the Energy Services Director in his/her absence or in situations as otherwise delegated.
Click on the following link to view the complete job description, including essential functions and working conditions:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or closely related field.
- Eight (8) years increasingly responsible electrical distribution and transmission experience, including three (3) years of experience in a supervisory or lead capacity.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid driver’s license upon hire date.
- Washington State Professional Electrical Engineer’s license upon hire date.
- Demonstrated experience leading cultural change in electrical engineering departments.
- Experience with planning, designing, and operating electrical substations.
- Experience with visioning and planning of electrical distribution systems.
How to Apply:
To apply, visit our job opportunities website and submit an online application. Please attach a current resume and letter of interest to your online application.
Selection will be based on overall qualifications and an interview process. Final candidate selected will be required to pass a comprehensive background/reference check commensurate to the position.
Although position is open until filled, priority consideration will be given to applicants that apply on or before Sunday, July 29, 2018.
Posting End Date: July 29, 2018