Company Name: City of Richland
Phone Number: (509) 942-7395
Job Title: Chief Electrical Engineer
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: March 21, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
Target Hiring Range: $47.64 – 59.55 per hour DOQ
(Full Salary Range: $47.64 – 71.46 per hour)
Under the direction of the Energy Services Director, organizes, manages and provides technical support related to the utility power generation alternatives and the design of the City’s electrical transmission and distribution systems; prepares plans for improvement to the electrical transmission and distribution systems; supervises and evaluates the work performance of assigned personnel, and performs the duties of the Energy Services Director in his/her absence or in situations as otherwise delegated.Click on the following link to view the complete job description, including essential functions and working conditions: https://secure.neogov.com/employers//job_posting/detailed_job_classification.cfm?jobID=1616849
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or closely related field.
- Eight (8) years increasingly responsible electrical distribution and transmission experience, including three (3) years of experience in a supervisory or lead capacity.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Washington State driver’s license upon hire date.
- Washington State Professional Electrical Engineer’s license upon hire date.
- Demonstrated experience leading cultural change in electrical engineering departments.
- Experience with planning, designing, and operating electrical substations.
- Experience with visioning and planning of electrical distribution systems.
How to Apply:
Selection will be based on overall qualifications, skills testing (if applicable) and an oral interview process.
Position is open until filled.
APPLY ONLINE AT www.ci.richland.wa.us.
Posting End Date: April 21, 2017