June 19, 2017 (Internally)
June 23, 2017 (Externally)
Become a part of the Portland General Electric Team!
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. We are a proud and resourceful team who take care of each other, our communities and our natural resources.
Portland General Electric team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. Our team has a tremendous range of skill sets, and is dedicated to diversity, community, and our customers.
Working for PGE is fun, challenging and enriching, and with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like working for PGE too. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Join us and power your potential.
Chemical Spray Truck Driver (U17-115)
In this position you will work under the direction of the chemical spray foreman to assist in the mixing, transporting and application of pesticides used in PGE’s vegetation management program in substations, generating plants, and company owned properties with minimum supervision.
- Become part of our journey by:
- Drive chemical spray truck and help chemical spray foreman mix various pesticides.
- Safely transport and apply chemical mix using PGE chemical spray truck at various PGE owned locations throughout Oregon.
- Inspect and service chemical spray tanks and equipment and occasionally, may be required to operate other types of equipment.
- Perform cleanup and housekeeping of chemical storage room and containers for the safe storage and/or disposal of pesticide products.
- Perform cleanup of leaves and debris in substations, and other duties or assignments as directed by the chemical spray foreman or supervisor.
- Work on temporary assignments at other headquarters, including working at locations outside of PGE’s service territory, and in inclement weather.
- May be required to perform the duties of the chemical spray foreman when assigned.