The QA/QC Tech Advisor manages the development and implementation of standards and procedures for administration of Quality Assurance and Quality Control for Chelan County PUD (District) construction projects. The incumbent prepares QA/QC plans for large, high risk projects and performs QA/QC tasks, manages contract inspectors, mentors other District staff in the administration of QA/QC for projects and performs technical inspections.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job satisfactorily. Essential functions are those activities that, if not performed, would significantly and fundamentally alter the position.
# EF % of Time Job Functions:
1. EF 20% Construction projects QA/QC Standards development, review and implementation: Work with a multi-disciplinary team to develop, review and implement quality assurance and control (QA/QC) standards and policies for District construction projects. The scope of responsibilities includes capital projects such as turbine/generator rehabilitation by contractors and major maintenance activities by District maintenance workers. Ensure that project teams are informed about standards, policies and procedures. May oversee engineers and inspectors assigned to QA/QC tasks.
2. EF 20% Reviews: Review inspection and non-destructive test procedures proposed by contractors, vendors and District maintenance staff to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications. Recommend revision of specifications when indicated.
3. EF 20% Quality Control Process: Manage the quality control process including tracking of inspections, tests plans, and non-conformances. Audit QA/QC records on a periodic basis and report audit results to project managers, maintenance manager, ES Director and Hydro Director.
4. EF 10% Quality Issue resolution: Identify and direct work tasks for successful resolution of significant quality issues. Recommend actions to project managers, ES Director and Hydro Director. Responsibility includes taking action to stop work of contractors and District maintenance workers if necessary to ensure work meets established QA/QC standards, practices, procedures and technical specifications.
5. EF 10% Inspections and Technical Specifications: Ensure development and implementation of detailed inspection plans based on technical specifications, performance requirements and best practices. Perform inspections or coordinate and/or ensure inspections are performed by contractors or District staff. Investigate and report on compliance with technical specifications. Verify accuracy of procedures, tests and records.
6. EF 10% Analysis & Investigations: Conduct analyses and investigations of failed components or quality concerns. Report results of investigations to project manager, maintenance manager, Hydro Director and ES Director.
7. EF 5% Supplier Interaction: Ensure that suppliers have the capability to provide acceptable equipment and components in accordance with contract QA/QC requirements. This responsibility includes making visits to fabrication and manufacturing facilities.
8. EF 5% Economics: Develop the economics of any recommended quality control program.
The qualifications listed below are representative of those required, but reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Bachelor’s Degree (B.S., B.A.) in construction management/technologies, civil, electrical, or mechanical engineering from a four-year college or university; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified training in Quality Management or equivalent experience is desirable. Certified training in welding and materials inspection is desirable. Certified Weld Inspector per the American Welding Society and Certified Non Destructive E training is desirable.
Typically requires eight (8) years’ experience in the development, implementation, and auditing of quality assurance and control programs for construction projects. Proven leadership skills and experience is desired. Experience must include a minimum of two years’ experience performing QA/QC for large mechanical equipment such as hydro turbines and generators. Experience with materials science and testing (casting, forging) and manufacturing processes (welding, machining, coatings, nondestructive testing) is also preferred.
A valid driver’s license is required for this position (verified upon hire). A valid Washington State driver’s license is required within 30 days of employment.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
In addition to a competitive salary range of $110,000 – $138,600 (based on qualifications, skills and abilities), Chelan PUD employees also enjoy outstanding benefits which include the option of a zero cost medical plan (medical, dental and vision for all eligible dependents), short and long-term disability, Washington State Public Employee’s Retirement System, Deferred Compensation (with company matching funds up to 5%), 11 holidays and initial personal leave accrual at 21 days per year.
Chelan County PUD is located in the geographical center of Washington State at the confluence of the Columbia and Wenatchee rivers. A public power leader, the complex and progressive nature of PUD operations offer a unique mix of challenges and opportunities.
We rely on the mighty Columbia River for much of our hydropower generation and we’re proud to take a leadership role in environmental stewardship as related to this great river system. Each year we dedicate millions of dollars and thousands of work hours to protect and enhance fish, wildlife and plant ecosystems. As part of hydropower operations, we’ve also built 14 parks that serve more than 3 million visitors each year.
Rated by Sunset Magazine as one of the top 20 Western DREAM TOWNS and by Forbes in 2017 as one of the top 25 places to retire, Wenatchee is a recreational paradise with an abundance of adventure. The natural scenic beauty of the Wenatchee Valley provides a vivid backdrop to its thriving economy, where the quality of life is high and the climate is moderate with four distinct seasons, including more than 200 days of sunshine!
Chelan PUD is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its workforce. M/F/Vet/Disabled
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply on line at http://www.chelanpud.org/about-us/careers. Applicants are required to submit a combined cover letter and resume in one document. Interested parties are also invited to contact Ruth Erwert, Recruiting Manager, at (509) 661-4540, or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the position.
To apply for this job please visit www.chelanpud.org.