A cover letter and resume are required. The resume should include both months and years of current and/or previous employment. The cover letter must be no more than two pages and must summarize your experience assisting in business process design OR assisting in the resolution of business system problems. Cover letters that do not address one of these topics will not be considered.
To expedite the process, combine your cover letter and resume into one PDF or WORD document and upload electronically when requested in the online application process.
Incomplete materials will not be considered.
Although the position is Open until Filled, applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. First review date is December 4, 2020.
In addition to a competitive salary range of $62,475 – $73,500 (based on qualifications, skills and abilities), Chelan PUD employees also enjoy outstanding benefits which include the option of a zero cost medical plan (medical, dental and vision for all eligible dependents), short and long-term disability, Washington State Public Employee’s Retirement System, Deferred Compensation (with company matching funds up to 5%), 11 holidays and initial personal leave accrual at 21 days per year.
Introductory Period: New employees holding regular positions must complete an introductory period of twelve months.
The Systems Support Administrator is a vital participant in the revenue cycle responsible for ensuring daily processes occur in metering, billing, collections, and associated customer service; providing system expertise for troubleshooting; reporting and other assistance. This position is also responsible for key internal control functions. The Systems Support Administrator is looked to as the lead functional expert in system upgrades, testing, evaluation and daily operation.
JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job satisfactorily. Essential functions are those activities that, if not performed, would significantly and fundamentally alter the position. Secondary functions are activities not fundamental to the job and may need to be relaxed to accommodate an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability. In the aggregate, secondary functions typically account for less than 15% of the job scope.
# EF/SF % of Time Job Functions
1. EF 35% Systems Administration: Provide support and daily administration of all Customer Utilities retail revenue cycle software and related information systems including those that are integrated, standalone, and hosted by a third party. Monitor daily, weekly, and monthly system processes including meter reading, billing, field work, and credit & collections for completion and accuracy. Maintain and support system configurations. Perform functions with a clear understanding of processes, customer revenue cycle related system integrations, and ability to execute associated system procedures. Responsible for reporting technical issues and triage. Administer system security in conjunction with IT Security staff. Maintain and monitor system performance to ensure high availability.
2. EF 25% Systems support: Identify errors and problems with system performance. Troubleshoot events and alarms. Oversee validation, editing, and estimating meter and billing data. Provide support for end user including billing and meter exceptions and resolving user questions and concerns on complex work, or escalate to technical staff or management. Maintain communication between end users & technical support staff.
3. EF 25% Systems design, development, upgrades, testing and documentation: Assist in the design and implementation of business procedure and system technical changes, system upgrades, and evaluation and implementation of new system tools, software, or other electronic solutions. Lead small projects such as testing and implementation of changes to electric, water, and wastewater rates, fees, and billing structures. Coordinate with IT technical staff to perform upgrades, new enhancements, and patches. Review policy changes relating to Customer Service and new technologies to identify system impacts. Identify user needs. Assist in the development of project plans and test scripts. Perform technical and functional testing. Create departmental procedures and technical documentation. Communicate timely notification of system changes and corrections to all users.
4. EF 10% Reporting: Develop reports and queries. Determine associated requirements, types of reports, development, and updating for all systems. Create, modify, test reports to internal and external customers as needed.
5. EF 5% Training: Design training strategies for new and existing technologies and conduct training for current employees, new employees and other District personnel as needed. Maintain up to date training manuals, business procedure manuals, quick reference guides and outage manuals.
6. EF Ongoing Auditing: Audit system transactions. Coordinate with internal auditors. Work closely with accounting staff to ensure proper accounting codes are correct.
7. EF Ongoing Customer Service Internet and SharePoint sites: Participate in the development and prioritization of the customer service internet site to give customers an opportunity to conduct business over the internet, including payments, service requests and general inquiries. Monitor and maintain customer service SharePoint site, including design, changes, and updates.
8. EF Ongoing Stay abreast of emerging technologies as they relate to achieving business goals.
9. EF Ongoing Maintain regular and predictable attendance: Perform related duties and responsibilities as required. Comply with District policies. Complete all required training. Maintain a working knowledge and comply with District safety procedures and specific safety requirements of this position, and those in accordance with applicable provisions of the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) and Washington Administrative Code (WAC).
QUALIFICATIONS: The qualifications listed below are representative of those required, but reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school with a focus on Business, Communications, and/or Information Technology; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Typically requires a minimum of two (2) years’ experience performing revenue cycle daily processing and assisting in business process design or system problem resolution. Hands on experience with the Oracle Customer To Meter (C2M) billing system preferred. Experience working with electric, water and wastewater accounts, or in the public utility industry is strongly preferred.
Specific KSA’s: A fully skilled incumbent will have the following specific knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Advanced knowledge of C2M business processes
• Advanced knowledge of Customer Relations billing related functions
• Basic knowledge of customer revenue cycles and related system integrations
• Basic knowledge of meter related systems
• Basic knowledge of Customer Utilities policies and regulations
• Basic accounting knowledge
Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to utilize system analysis techniques and business process design methods
• Understand and utilize basic project management techniques
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with staff, vendors, and professional service providers
• Strong attention to detail, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication, conflict resolution, and teamwork skills
• Ability to analyze broad objectives or complex problems with minimal direct supervision
• Ability to research issues to come up with a solution that works best for multiple users or Departments
Must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English.
Computers & Equipment: A fully skilled incumbent will have the ability to utilize the following software, hardware, or equipment:
To perform this job successfully, an individual is required to have basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word, PC Hardware, Remittance Processor, Cisco phone system, Mail Extractor, and IVR; intermediate knowledge of General Office Equipment, Itron, Electric and water meter reading technologies, Automatic payment systems including Paymode, Contract bill print, Mail and other related systems; advanced knowledge in Oracle Customer to Meter System, FIS bill payment system, Electronic bill presentment and payment services.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; use repetitive hand or arm motion; talk, hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; carry or lift unassisted up to 10 pounds; lift above shoulder up to 10 pounds. Vision requirements include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level is usually moderate.
Pursuant to the Cardholder Information Security Program (CISP) of 2001, Chelan County Public Utility District #1 is mandated to conduct background screening of personnel granted rights to access credit card holder information.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. This should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Chelan PUD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and values diversity at all levels of the organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or other protected classifications as defined by law.
EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer
EEO Law Poster (English or Spanish)
EEO Law Poster Supplement (English)
Chelan PUD will not be offering any work visa sponsorship for this role.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-I.35(c)
To apply for this job please visit www.chelanpud.org.