Website Chelan County PUD
Applicants are required to submit a combined cover letter and resume in one document. Your cover letter must summarize your interest, education and experience relative to this position. Incomplete materials will not be considered.
To expedite the application process, combine your cover letter and resume into one PDF document before applying and upload electronically when requested in the online application process.
This position is OPEN UNTIL FILLED and applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The first review date for application materials is scheduled for July 18, 2022. Apply online at chelanpud.org/careers
Interested parties are also invited to contact Human Resources at email@example.com to discuss the position.
In addition to a competitive starting salary range of $93,150 – $124,200 (based on qualifications, skills and abilities), Chelan PUD employees also enjoy outstanding benefits which include the option of a zero cost medical plan (medical, dental and vision for all eligible dependents), short and long-term disability, Washington State Public Employee’s Retirement System, Deferred Compensation (with company matching funds up to 5%), 11 holidays and initial personal leave accrual at 21 days per year.
Introductory Period: New employees holding regular positions must complete an introductory period of twelve months.
Lead, plan and schedule the drafting, GIS, and surveying work groups. Supply technical drawings, GIS mapping and licensed surveyor support to all District business units. Supervise assigned bargaining unit staff. Evaluates and implements modern drafting, imaging, and surveying tools and software systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job satisfactorily.
• Requires a thorough knowledge of CAD, GIS and advanced training in current AutoCAD software. Plan, schedule and supervise a team of technicians and surveyors to efficiently deliver technical drawings, GIS mapping products, and survey work products supported by modern imaging tools, surveying tools and methods. Supervise staff by communicating expectations, establishing performance plans and provide training and mentoring.
• Manage equipment and tools required for staff to perform the work including computers, printers/plotters, surveying equipment, GIS equipment, drones, laser scanner, etc. Plan and budget for the continued improvement of the tools and equipment utilized by the department.
• In partnership with other technology leaders, provide the software tools and systems necessary to deliver effective services and results to the organization. Lead staff in the selection and implementation of new technologies, maintenance of existing systems and data, in a manner that is adaptable to meet future business needs.
• Develop, evaluate and execute special projects as requested.
• Develop and maintain an annual customer collaboration and satisfaction monitoring plan.
• Develop and maintain an annual department performance plan including resource utilization, work force planning, technology change management and opportunities for improvement.
This position manages/supervises 10 – 19 people
Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the employees managed. Also, carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Post Secondary Education
The educational entry requirements are listed below. Equivalent experience (year for year) may substitute for required education.
Bachelor’s Degree in business, information technology, geographic information science/systems, geospatial analysis/science, engineering or a related field is required, OR equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Candidates with technical training in drafting, GIS and/or surveying are strongly preferred.
Minimum experience requirements are listed below. Experience requirements are additive to education requirements. Additional education may not substitute for experience.
5+ years progressive responsibilities and experience in drafting or GIS, required
Experience as a supervisor, preferred
Experience implementing new GIS or Drafting technologies, preferred
Licenses and Certifications
Valid Driver’s License at hire and WA Driver’s License within 30 days of hire
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Drafting, GIS, survey practices and procedures
• District business management and operations
• District’s collective bargaining agreement
• Software Project management
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Personnel management
Background screening is required prior to position entry for the following reason(s):
• Pursuant to the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) standards, Chelan County Public Utility District #1 conducts background screening of personnel who have access to the District’s critical physical and/or cyber assets.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. This should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Chelan PUD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled). We value diversity at all levels of the organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected classifications as defined by law.
EEO Law Posters can be found on the main Careers page in English and Spanish.
Chelan PUD will not be offering any work visa sponsorship for this role.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-I.35(c)
To apply for this job please visit www.chelanpud.org.