Website Chelan County PUD
Although this position is Open until Filled, applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The first review date is scheduled for June 11, 2021. To be considered, apply online at http://www.chelanpud.org/about-us/careers.
This position works primarily onsite. Return to District facilities for any employees working remotely due to COVID is planned for July 2021.
Applicants are required to submit a combined cover letter and resume in one document. In two pages or less, your cover letter must address the following:
•Briefly summarize your experience evaluating easements
•Briefly summarize your experience creating real estate related documents and legal descriptions
•Briefly summarize your experience evaluating appraisals
For any areas in which you do not have experience, include the section in your cover letter as “N/A.”
To expedite the process, combine your cover letter and resume into one PDF or WORD document and upload electronically when requested in the online application process. Incomplete materials will not be considered.
Chelan PUD employees enjoy outstanding benefits which include the option of a zero cost medical plan (medical, dental and vision for all eligible dependents), short and long-term disability, Washington State Public Employee’s Retirement System, Deferred Compensation (with company matching funds up to 5%), 11 holidays and initial personal leave accrual at 21 days per year.
Compensation is dependent upon experience. Level I $58,565 – $68,900, Level II $69,440 – $86,800, Level III $76,560 – $95,700
Introductory Period: New employees holding regular positions must complete an introductory period of twelve months.
This position will be filled at level I, II or III based on applicant’s knowledge, skills and abilities. For additional information, see LEVEL GUIDE attached above.
The Real Estate Specialist coordinates, evaluates, acquires and manages timely property rights necessary for the acquisition, disposition, construction, and management of District facilities and properties essential to District operations and ensure internal and external customers receive accurate and timely information regarding District projects.
JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job satisfactorily. Essential functions are those activities that, if not performed, would significantly and fundamentally alter the position.
# EF Job Functions
1. EF Public/Customer Relations: Research, analyze, and respond daily to internal and external customer inquiries pertaining to land/land rights, ownership, and right of way information. Consult with various public and private agencies in response to customers’ inquiries regarding rights-of-way, utility locations, permits, surveys and related matters.
2. EF Real Estate Support: Perform title searches, create Arc GIS exhibit mapping and sketches, perform field investigations, prepare correspondence, support of opinions and other documents, applications and reports in direct response to District needs for acquisition of, or information regarding, land or land rights. Process, track and respond to Agency Comment Requests in cooperation with other departments. Process easement release and road vacation requests by external customers to ensure District rights are reflective of present and future needs. Perform notary duties as required by law as a service to internal and external staff and department needs.
3. EF IT Activities: Prepare, maintain data systems, and other information systems pertinent to District property to ensure information is current. Prepares ArcGIS exhibit maps and sketches.
4. EF Legal Document Preparation: Prepare and process legal documents relating to District real estate interests (i.e., non-negotiated or “friendly” easements requested by customers and/or permits, requiring minimal or no negotiations).
5. EF Encroachment: Participate in public awareness and monitoring encroachment matters associated with District land and land rights. Identified encroachments referred to higher level Real Estate Specialists.
6. EF Negotiations Support: Levels II and III participate in the development of original and alternate plans for complex negotiations with property owners for the acquisition of land and/or land rights.
7. EF Higher level incumbents mentor, train and provide technical guidance to lower level Real Estate Specialists.
8. EF Ongoing Drive a motorized vehicle while conducting business on behalf of the District.
9. EF Ongoing Maintain regular and predictable attendance. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required. Comply with District policies. Complete all required training. Maintain a working knowledge and comply with District safety procedures and specific safety requirements of this position, and those in accordance with applicable provisions of the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) and Washington Administrative Code (WAC).
QUALIFICATIONS: The qualifications listed below are representative of those required, but reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Requires Associate’s degree (A. A.) or a minimum of two (2) years college level or equivalent real estate related courses such as Real Estate Law, Land Titles, Easement Valuation, Standards of Practice for the Right of Way Professional, or Real Estate Appraisal or the equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Must possess, or obtain within 90 days of employment, a Washington State Certified Notary Public certification. Desire membership in the International Right of Way Association (IRWA).
Two (2) years of real estate-related experience, such as land and real estate property rights, land titles, legal descriptions/documents or real estate appraisal including experience in public/customer relations.
See attached LEVEL GUIDE for Knowledge Skills and Abilities.
Must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English. Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish is preferred.
Computers & Equipment: A fully skilled incumbent will have the ability to utilize the following software, hardware, or equipment:
To perform this job successfully, an individual is required to have knowledge of PeopleSoft Time Entry/HRIS; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft PowerPoint; General Office Equipment; FileNet; Arc GIS; and Land Management Database. Intermediate knowledge is required in Microsoft Outlook; Microsoft Word and PC Hardware.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; perform repetitive hand or arm motion and talk, hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds above shoulder height unassisted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions and vibrations. The noise level is usually moderate. Job also requires the incumbent to ride in boats and occasionally helicopters for encroachment management.
A valid driver’s license is required for this position (verified upon hire). A valid Washington State driver’s license is required within 30 days of employment.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. This should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Chelan PUD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled). We value diversity at all levels of the organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected classifications as defined by law.
EEO Law Posters can be found on the main Careers page in English and Spanish.
Chelan PUD will not be offering any work visa sponsorship for this role.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-I.35(c)
To apply for this job please visit www.chelanpud.org.