This position is OPEN UNTIL FILLED and applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. Applicants are required to submit a resume.
In addition to the Contract Rate of $47.64 (which may be determined by previous employment) Chelan PUD employees also enjoy outstanding benefits which include the option of a zero cost medical plan (medical, dental and vision for all eligible dependents), holidays and personal leave accrual.
Install, troubleshoot, repair, and exchange electric meters and provide full range of customer service associated with meter servicing and operation.
JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job satisfactorily. Essential functions (EF) are those activities that, if not performed, would significantly and fundamentally alter the position.
# EF % of Time Job Functions
1. EF 30% Install, troubleshoot, repair, and exchange electric meters, according to blueprints and other documentation.
2. EF 25% Wire metering circuits.
3. EF 10% Install recorders to assist in troubleshooting.
4. EF 10% Participate in the development of new processes and procedures for AMI/OMS and mobile workforce. Once implemented utilize functionalities in daily operations.
5. EF 10% Enter and retrieve data from the computer system.
6. EF 10% Answer and document calls from customers, to troubleshoot problems and/or answer questions. If the Journeyman Meterman is unable to provide the necessary information, he or she will direct the customer to the appropriate personnel or department for assistance.
7. EF 5% Remove and replace meter rings and covers, as needed.
8. EF Ongoing May participate in Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) locating, Underground Residential Distribution (URD) locating, faultfinding, collections, stray voltage complaints and other customer requests.
9. EF Ongoing Maintain regular and predictable attendance. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required. Comply with District policies. Complete all required training. Maintain a working knowledge and comply with District safety procedures and specific safety requirements of this position, and those in accordance with applicable provisions of the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) and Washington Administrative Code (WAC).
10. EF Ongoing Drive a motorized vehicle while conducting business on behalf of the District.
QUALIFICATIONS: The qualifications listed below are representative of those required, but reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
No post-secondary education required.
Requires completion of a meterman apprenticeship and experience working as a Journeyman Meterman or must have at least three (3) years’ experience working as a journey-level Meterman in the residential, commercial and industrial electrical/metering field. Experience must include installing and maintaining all types and sizes of electric meters. Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Automated Metering Reading (AMR) installation experience preferred. Experience with load and voltage surveys, instrument transformer testing and repairing preferred. Experience with meter testing software desired. Requires Flagger Certification within 30 days of hire. Also requires CPR Certification and valid First Aid card within 30 days of hire.
Specific KSA’s: A fully skilled incumbent will have the following specific knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Must have a working knowledge of electric meter installation, repair techniques and meter testing and programming.
• Must be knowledgeable of safe work practices.
• The journeyman must be familiar with and adhere to Dispatching and Operating Safety Rules.
• Must have working knowledge of the fundamentals of electricity and vector diagrams pertaining to electrical metering.
• Working knowledge of electrical metering equipment, its construction, maintenance and testing, as well as metering standards.
Skills & Abilities:
• Must have good interpersonal skills to interact and communicate with customers and contractors.
• Must have technical ability.
• Must be capable of operating a computer system and general office machinery.
• Requires experience and interpretation abilities of construction drawings, blue prints, wiring diagrams and construction and operating instructions.
• Requires experience or ability to learn the use of personal and/or laptop computers.
Must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English.
Computers & Equipment: A fully skilled incumbent will have the ability to utilize the following software, hardware, or equipment:
To perform this job successfully, an individual is required to have knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials; PeopleSoft Timekeeping/HR; Microsoft Outlook; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Word; Maximo Order Processing; general office equipment; power equipment; and must be experienced with general equipment such as lift trucks, cable pulling equipment, and various hand tools.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; pull, push, or exert force; and talk, hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or twist torso; and perform repetitive hand or arm motion. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; and taste, smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds above shoulder height unassisted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather); vibration; and explosives. The noise level is usually loud.
SAFETY SENSITIVE DESIGNATION: Safety sensitive positions are subject to pre-employment drug testing. Positions are designated as “safety sensitive” if an essential function of the job involves certain duties. This position is designated as safety sensitive for the following reasons:
• Drives or operates motorized vehicles
• Works with or near rotating or heavy equipment, power machines or tools
• Works on or near high voltage distribution or transmission lines or equipment
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: An employee may not be hired or transferred to a job, or continue in a job if currently employed, if they do not satisfy the following job requirements. These District requirements cannot be waived by supervisors.
A valid driver’s license is required for this position (verified upon hire). A valid Washington State driver’s license is required within 30 days of employment.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. This should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Chelan PUD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled). We value diversity at all levels of the organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected classifications as defined by law.
EEO Law Posters can be found on the main Careers page in English and Spanish.
Chelan PUD will not be offering any work visa sponsorship for this role.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-I.35(c)
Safety-sensitive positions are subject to pre-employment drug screening. An essential function of this job involves duties which categorize this position as safety-sensitive.
To apply for this job please visit www.chelanpud.org.