Website Chelan County PUD
For complete details, and to apply, visit www.chelanpud.org/careers
Provide labor support in accordance with District safety guidelines and policies and procedures. Maintains, inspects and diagnoses malfunctions on turbines, generators, fish ladders, hatcheries and other auxiliary mechanical equipment. Replaces, repairs and tests equipment to ensure proper working order. Uses hand and power tools to complete work. May work from drawings, sketches and blueprints. Fabricates special tools, rigging equipment, aligning pumps, couplings, motors and replacement parts for equipment.
JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job satisfactorily. Essential functions (EF) are those activities that, if not performed, would significantly and fundamentally alter the position. Secondary functions (SF) are activities not fundamental to the job and may need to be relaxed to accommodate an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability. In the aggregate, secondary functions typically account for less than 15% of the job scope.
# EF/SF % of Time Job Functions
1. EF 85% Provide mechanical labor support such as operating tools, equipment and District vehicles, working both independently and in a crew structure for the installation, repair and maintenance of District assets and interests. May be assigned duties and maintenance activities such as mechanical equipment inspections, operating overhead cranes, hoists, winches, rigging, painting, welding, grinding, pipe fitting, machinist, carpentry, concrete work and similar activities. This includes all hydro projects, fish rearing facilities, other departments and public entities.
2. EF 15% Provide feedback and be a resource to other district departments in the design, layout and progress of project work.
3. EF Ongoing Drive a motorized vehicle while conducting business on behalf of the District.
4. EF Ongoing Maintain regular and predictable attendance. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required. Comply with District policies. Complete all required training. Maintain a working knowledge and comply with District safety procedures and specific safety requirements of this position, and those in accordance with applicable provisions of the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) and Washington Administrative Code (WAC).
Although journeyman do not typically supervise, they will be responsible for training and demonstrating work skills and safe working practices to apprentices and trainees. Journey-level workers are occasionally required to lead and direct the crew in the absence of a foreman.
QUALIFICATIONS: The qualifications listed below are representative of those required, but reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Two years college education, two years trade school with technical emphasis, or comparable work history is desired.
Requires completion of a technical apprenticeship certification or three (3) years’ experience working in industrial mechanical maintenance. Qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate applicable working experience performing mechanical equipment installation, repair, and maintenance. Hydro utility experience preferred. Applicants must successfully pass a journeyman exam which is administered by the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) within one (1) year of hire.
Requires CPR Certification and valid First Aid card within three (3) months of hire.
Specific KSA’s: A fully skilled incumbent will have the following specific knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Knowledge of Hydro-Electric facilities and standard maintenance practices
• Requires good interpersonal skills, ability to get along with others and ability to follow directions.
• Ability to perform basic record keeping maintenance skills.
• Effectively communicate both orally and in writing
• Must meet established departmental standards in the District’s physical ability test.
• Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Candidates with the ability to obtain within six months a Commercial Driver’s license Class A, with valid medical card, airbrake restriction removed are preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or twist torso or neck; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to perform repetitive hand or arm motion, dive or swim. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 85 pounds unassisted. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds above shoulder height unassisted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather) and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; in confined spaces; fumes or airborne particles; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather); risk of electrical shock and vibration; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level is usually loud.
To apply for this job please visit www.chelanpud.org.