Website Chelan County PUD
Chelan County PUD is located in the geographical center of Washington State at the confluence of the Columbia and Wenatchee rivers. A public power leader, the complex and progressive nature of PUD operations offer a unique mix of challenges and opportunities.
We rely on the mighty Columbia River for much of our hydropower generation and we’re proud to take a leadership role in environmental stewardship as related to this great river system. Each year we dedicate millions of dollars and thousands of work hours to protect and enhance fish, wildlife and plant ecosystems. As part of hydropower operations, we’ve also built 14 parks that serve more than 3 million visitors each year.
Rated by Forbes in 2017 and 2019 as one of the top 25 places to retire, Wenatchee is a recreational paradise with an abundance of adventure. The natural scenic beauty of the Wenatchee Valley provides a vivid backdrop to its thriving economy, where the quality of life is high and the climate is moderate with four distinct seasons, including more than 200 days of sunshine!
We are a small town to some and big city to others. We invest in our children and believe that education is the key to our future success.
We live a life of abundant choices and enjoy water sports on the Wenatchee and Columbia rivers, hiking, biking, rock climbing and unlimited golfing. Downhill and cross-country skiing are just minutes away. The area is also known for producing quality wines.
Consider Chelan PUD as a career choice today! The community is waiting for you.
Chelan PUD is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its workforce. M/F/Vet/Disabled
Applicants are required to submit a combined cover letter and resume in one document. Your cover letter must summarize your interest, education and experience relative to this position. Incomplete materials will not be considered.
To expedite the application process, combine your cover letter and resume into one PDF document before applying and upload electronically when requested in the online application process.
This position is OPEN UNTIL FILLED and applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The first review date for application materials is scheduled for April 19.
Interested parties are also invited to contact Human Resources at email@example.com to discuss the position.
$44.27 – per hour
In addition to any State mandated benefits, employees also enjoy the following benefits,
- Competitive wages
- Outstanding benefits which include zero cost employer funded medical, dental, and vision healthcare benefits
- Leave benefits including paid leave starting at 21 days (3.23 hours/week prorated based on hours paid) per calendar year up to 35 with tenure
- Paid Holidays – up to 11 days per calendar year, paid jury duty.
- Employee Assistance Program
- State Retirement PERS participation (positions working 70 hours per month for at least 5 months each year)
- Optional 457 plan participation with employer matching 401(a) plan
- VEBA health reimbursement account
- Optional Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life/Voluntary Life & Long-Term Care plan option
- Short-Term Disability & Long-Term Disability
- Recognition programs and position specific stipends
- Award Stipends: Safety, Employee Appreciation, Retirement Awards
For more explanation of the district benefits please visit our benefits website www.mychelanpudbenefits.org.
Join our team at Chelan County Public Utility District. As one of the largest hydroelectric generating utilities in the Northwest, our mission at Chelan PUD is to improve the quality of life for the thousands of people who call our pristine desert and mountain community home.
Install and maintain overhead and underground fiber optic systems. Complete assigned work in a safe and efficient manner and maintain general condition of assigned equipment and tools. May be responsible for completing time slips, forms and reports affecting work assignments in a timely manner. May be required to work with or without supervision when not working with fiber optic crews.
- Perform installation and splicing of the overhead and underground fiber optic system. Efficiently construct all phases of overhead and underground fiber optics work including splicing in compliance with all District fiber optics construction standards and practices.
- Responsible for assigned tools and equipment needed to install and maintain the Districts fiber optic system. This includes responsibility for protection and functional order of tools and may include purchasing and inventory of new equipment, tools, and learning new technology.
- Perform truck driving; assist in wire pulling, manual excavation and general construction.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance: Perform related duties and responsibilities as required. Comply with District policies. Complete all required training. Maintain a working knowledge and comply with District safety procedures and specific safety requirements of this position, and those in accordance with applicable provisions of the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) and Washington Administrative Code (WAC). Employees with access to confidential employee records and information are required to restrict access from any unauthorized person, except on a need to know basis.
- As an essential function, drive a motorized vehicle while conducting business on behalf of the District.
Manager – Fiber & Telecom Operations
- Equivalent experience (year for year) may substitute for required education.
- Some college or fiber optic training desired.
- 2+ years line crew or fiber optic construction and maintenance experience. required. and
- Fiber optic splicing experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications
- Valid Driver’s License at hire and WA Driver’s License within 30 days of hire required
- CDL Airbrake Restriction Removed within 180 Days required
- Flagger Certification within 180 Days required
- Class A CDL License within 180 Days required
- CPR – Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation with Valid First Aid Card within 180 Days required
Skills and Abilities
A fully skilled incumbent will have the following knowledge skills & abilities:
- Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems.
- Requires good interpersonal skills to interact and communicate with customers and contractors.
- Requires ability to perform construction and splicing practices for the installation and splicing of the overhead and underground fiber optic system.
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment and fiber optic systems.
- Requires experience and interpretation abilities of construction drawings and construction and operating instructions.
- Must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English.
Drug screening prior to position entry is required.
- Sitting – Occasionally
- Standing – Regularly
- Walking – Regularly
- Lifting 1-10 lbs Floor-Waist – Frequently
- Lifting 1-10 lbs Waist-Shoulders – Frequently
- Lifting 1-10 lbs Above Shoulders – Occasionally
- Lifting 11-25 lbs Floor-Waist – Frequently
- Lifting 11-25 lbs Waist-Shoulders – Occasionally
- Twisting at Waist – Frequently
- Stooping/Bending – Frequently
- Reach Floor to Waist – Frequently
- Reach Waist to Shoulder – Frequently
- Reach Above Shoulder – Frequently
- Wrist/hand/fingers manipulation (keyboarding, mousing, etc.) – Frequently
- Hand Controls (joy stick, controls on equipment, etc.) – Frequently
- Repetitive Motions – Frequently
- Talking – Frequently
- Hearing – Frequently
- Visual – Near Acuity – Frequently
- Visual – Far Acuity – Frequently
- Visual – Depth Perception – Frequently
- Visual – Color Discrimination – Frequently
- Exposure to Weather – Regularly
- Proximity to Moving Mechanical Parts – Frequently
- Atmospheric Conditions (dust, fumes, etc.) – Occasionally
- Exposure to Electricity – Occasionally
Noise Intensity Level: – Moderate
Chelan PUD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled). We value diversity at all levels of the organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected classifications as defined by law.
EEO Law Posters can be found on the main Careers (chelanpud.org) page in English and Spanish.
The job functions and physical requirements described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. This should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
To apply for this job please visit www.chelanpud.org.