Website Chelan County Public Utility District #1
Support Utility Services and Generation operations and maintenance by serving them with materials, equipment and services needed to meet District objectives. This position has numerous responsibilities relating to procuring, issuing, receiving, storing, tracking and delivering materials for internal and external customers in a safe, efficient, professional and timely manner.
JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job satisfactorily. Essential functions (EF) are those activities that, if not performed, would significantly and fundamentally alter the position. Secondary functions (SF) are activities not fundamental to the job and may need to be relaxed to accommodate an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability. In the aggregate, secondary functions typically account for less than 15% of the job scope.
- EF 50% Issue, distribute and return materials from District warehouse stores to crews and contractors. Account for warehouse materials utilizing the District’s Maximo inventory control system. Perform cycle counts as needed to maintain accurate inventory control of warehouse materials and items.
- EF 25% Ship and receive materials purchased for District purposes into warehouse stores and implement appropriate accounting and quality control procedures to account for the use of said materials.
- EF 10% Pack and unpack items to be stocked in warehouses. Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to foreman or supervisor.
- EF 10% Keep warehouses and District property neat, safe, orderly and clean. This includes the warehouse storeroom, vehicles and dock area assigned to the warehouse. Provide assistance to customers entering the warehouse.
- EF 5% Teach and train customers and co-workers on (CQI) Continuous Quality Improvement methods and process for managing and accounting for materials inventories.
- EF Ongoing At superintendent discretion, provide backup flagging duties as needed for Distribution line crews in Wenatchee only.
- EF Ongoing Deliver materials and items to Utility Services job sites during emergency outages and for large jobs that have been planned and scheduled ahead of time, within the District service area.
- EF Ongoing Provide tool room duties as needed for Generation crews at Central Maintenance Rocky Reach and Rock Island.
- EF Ongoing Drive a motorized vehicle while conducting business on behalf of the District.
A valid driver’s license is required for this position (verified upon hire). A valid Washington State driver’s license is required within 30 days of employment.
QUALIFICATIONS: The qualifications listed below are representative of those required, but reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
No higher-level education required.
Typically requires two (2) years warehouse experience. Experience issuing and returning materials, shipping and receiving and inventory control is preferred.
Also requires CPR Certification, valid First Aid card and Flagging certifications six (6) months of hire.
Specific KSA’s: A fully skilled incumbent will have the following specific knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Requires good intrapersonal skills and ability to get along with others.
- Ability to manage one’s own time efficiently and while working independently.
- Knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement methodology.
- Knowledge of Collective Bargaining Agreement
Chelan PUD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled). We value diversity at all levels of the organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected classifications as defined by law.
EEO Law Posters can be found on the main Careers page in English and Spanish.
Chelan PUD will not be offering any work visa sponsorship for this role.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-I.35(c)
To apply for this job please visit www.chelanpud.org.