Website Central Lincoln's People Utility District
Central Lincoln PUD is seeking a talented Network Engineer to join our team. If you thrive in an environment that promotes collaboration with other IT professionals, access top-notch training opportunities, leverage the latest technologies, and enjoy a balanced lifestyle through a four-day work week on the stunning Oregon Coast, then this is the perfect opportunity for you. Join Central Lincoln PUD and embark on a fulfilling career as a Network Engineer with a team you will enjoy working with; apply now, you’ll be glad you did!
This position is responsible for the planning/design, operation, and maintenance of Central Lincoln PUD business, SCADA, and telephone networks. In doing so, this position will require planning and implementation of network hardware, configuration, upgrades, lifecycle planning, performance monitoring, and system troubleshooting. Additionally, this position requires implementation of cyber security best practices, active threat monitoring, and integral leadership in any cyber incident response. The position works under the supervision of the Information Technology Manager in coordination with other IT and staff engineers.Additional Information:
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
Primarily responsible for the planning, design, implementation, and monitoring of Central Lincoln’s business, SCADA, and telephone networks. Provides leadership in aligning strategic direction with overall organization goals as it pertains to network infrastructure. Evaluates the effectiveness of current network technology and develops future implementation plans as emerging technologies develop.
Manages and maintains firewall equipment and configuration in support of networking requirements of the Utility. Maintains and supports remote network access including VPN configuration, multifactor authentication, and encryption.
Maintains appropriate operational “up” time and performance through hardware lifecycle planning. Troubleshoot network problems and outages. Timely implementation of updates, configuration management, redundancy planning, and hardware lifecycle planning.
Responsible for network monitoring to include network performance, cyber security anomaly detection and response, and environmental monitoring of critical server rooms and network locations where appropriate.
Remains on call for emergency service after normal working hours as required.
Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong understanding of multi-site enterprise networking design and management fundamentals.
- Strong fundamental understanding of Cisco products and their implementation. CCNA or higher strongly preferred or equivalent experience.
- Network design and implementation, configuration, upgrades, performance monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Network firewall understanding, implementation, configuration, and monitoring.
- Knowledge and implementation of the fundamentals of cyber security and established practices.
- Environmental monitoring principles, equipment, and automation/notification techniques.
- Principles of project management.
- Budget management and project cost tracking and analysis.
- Understanding complex systems and identifying prospective opportunities for simplification, to increase performance, bolster cyber security stance, or to implement best practices.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Personal computer use, office software.
- Work as a leader or as a member of a team across multiple departments and areas of authority/influence.
- Communicate effectively, both in person and in writing, with a diverse work force of skilled craftsmen, contractors, customers and other engineers.
- Comply with Central Lincoln safety procedures and specific safety requirements of this position.
- Work independently under minimal supervision.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & PROGRESSION:
- Demonstrated lifetime learner. This statement is generally supported by the following:
- A two or four year college degree preferred.
- Cisco or network certification preferred.
- Verifiable experience managing enterprise networks for 3 of the last 6 years.
- Valid driver’s license: Yes
- Post-offer background check required: Yes
- Post-offer drug test required: No
- Post-offer physical/functional test required: No
- Apprenticeship or other education/training required as a condition of employment, or progression or advancement: None
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- This position reports to the Information Technology Manager
- This position does not supervise
Central Lincoln is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate in the terms and conditions of employment against any applicant or current employee on the basis of any status or class protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.