Website Central Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Requirements: Responsible for new design, maintenance and integrity of electrical system in a specific geographical area of CEC service territory. Ability to work independently and across all departments to ensure efficient and timely job progression and completion. This position could be for either our Bend or Redmond locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Demonstrate practical and detailed knowledge of CEC construction specifications, NESC code, rate schedules and customer service policy
· Apply CEC standards and construction methods to design electrical distribution system improvements, upgrades, modifications and new power line extensions
· Generate cost estimates and stake both overhead and underground distribution facilities prior to construction; create staking sheets and have familiarity with ESRI products
· Analyze customer problems and recommend appropriate corrective action to ensure cost-effective solutions as directed by the Supervisor of Engineering Services
· Knowledge of CEC trenching/separation requirements and division of CEC vs. Member responsibilities
· Demonstrate an awareness of maintenance and safety concerns within CEC electrical system and initiate corrective actions, including third party pole attachments and NESC violations
· Work with Land Use and Right of Way Specialist as needed in researching property ownership, reviewing legal descriptions and providing design alternatives to successfully obtain easements
· Attend training as directed by Supervisor of Engineering Services
· Support a culture of safety excellence through active involvement and promote a sense of shared responsibility for safetyAdditional Information:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Ability to build and maintain strong working relations and communicate effectively
· Must be able to hold and retain a valid State of Oregon Driver’s License
· Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office Suite
· Five (5) years of electrical utility work experience preferred
· Engineering degree or comparable experience and training or certification program preferred
To apply for this job please visit www.cec.coop.