Website Canby Utility
Canby Utility is a municipal electric and water utility located in the northern Willamette Valley, just 30 minutes south of Portland, Oregon. We are currently recruiting for an Operations Specialist to join our team. Canby Utility serves a growing population of approximately 18,000 serving 7,800 electric meters, 5,500 water meters. We have two substations and our system is approximately 80-85% underground. This position is within a collective bargaining agreement as represented by IBEW Local 125.
The general definition of work:
Provide advanced level support to the operations department. Performs a variety of administrative and warehouse duties including, but not limited to, work orders, inventory, mapping, scheduling, and reporting. Work is performed under the immediate supervision of the Operations Manager. This position is a full-time, non-exempt, represented position.
Examples of the essential duties include:
- Prepare, generate, maintain, and/or complete work orders. Distribute copies as appropriate. Track time, materials, labor, and expenses for each work order. Assign each work order with appropriate accounting information.
- Maintain the utility system’s GIS mapping database using information from drawings and field data. Perform data collection or verification of field data, and ensure the accuracy of maps created in the ESRI format.
- Maintain inventory for electric and water distribution components used in the field and assist with the annual inventory process.
- Assist departments and Operations Manager in the fiscal year budgeting process.
- Track and maintain departmental budget expenditures. Create purchase requisitions and process receivers/receipts for purchases. Obtain quotes from vendors for materials, tools, and equipment.
- Maintain detailed records and reports for callouts and system outages.
- Maintain database and records for various equipment such as meters, transformers, and tools.
- Warehouse duties, including receiving shipments.
- Maintain departmental office supply stock and monitor use in departments.
- Perform general clerical duties such as typing, filing, sorting, copying, scanning, and routing of information and documentation.
- Ability to work and perform tasks with limited instruction, independently and at times without supervision.
The successful candidate will have an Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology, Geographical Information Systems, or a related technical degree program. Relevant experience and training may substitute for a degree. A valid driver’s license is required and one must be proficient in computer software applications such as Microsoft Office and Excel.
Canby Utility offers an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, Oregon PERS/Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP), monthly contribution to the employee’s VEBA account, and 401(k) and 457 deferred compensation plans. Canby Utility pays 95% of the employee and family medical, dental, and vision premium costs, and the employee’s 6% contribution portion of PERS.
Canby Utility is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate based on any protected classes. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable the individual to perform the essential duties and meet the essential requirements of this position. Reasonable accommodations are evaluated on an individual basis in accordance with applicable law. For more information or if you believe you need a reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources.
Visit the employment section of our website at www.canbyutility.org for a complete job description, Veteran’s Preference, and application. You may also contact Barbara Benson by calling 503-266-1156 Applications are accepted until filled. The first review of applications received will be on October 27, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit www.canbyutility.org.