Website Canby Utility
Canby Utility, a municipal electric and water utility located in the northern Willamette Valley, just 30 minutes south of Portland, Oregon, is looking to hire a journeyman lineman to join our team. Canby Utility serves a population of approximately 18,000 with 7,700 electric meters, owns two substations, is approximately 85% underground, and is a full requirements customer of the Bonneville Power Administration. Canby Utility’s new four-ten-hour workweek schedule with Fridays off provides for a greater work-life balance that we value for our employees.
The applicant must possess the required knowledge, skills, physical abilities, and competencies to perform all related duties associated with being a journeyman lineman, including construction, maintenance, and repair of overhead and underground electric distribution system facilities; substation experience is a plus. In addition, candidates need the following:
- Journeyman Lineman card, with successful completion of an approved journeyman lineman apprenticeship program
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency in operating line equipment and tools used in the construction, maintenance, and repair of overhead and underground power lines. Must be skillful in the use of hot sticks.
- Ability to meet the physical demands typical for the position, with or without accommodation.
The successful candidate will be subject to a post-offer, pre-employment physical capacity screening, drug test, criminal background check, and acceptable driving history verified through the Department of Motor Vehicles and DOT Clearinghouse. Must also have a valid Class A Commercial driver’s license and a working knowledge and understanding of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.269 safety rules and regulations.Additional Information:
Canby Utility offers an excellent benefits package:
- Employer-provided medical, dental, vision, and life insurance - premiums paid currently at 95% for employees and families.
- Oregon PERS/Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP). Canby Utility picks up the employee’s contributions to the PERS’ Individual Account Program.
- Monthly contribution to the employee’s VEBA account for health-related expenses.
- Paid sick, holiday, and vacation leaves.
- 401(k) and 457 deferred compensation plans.
- Voluntary supplemental benefit plans: Life Insurance, Legal Shield, Aflac, MetLife, and more.
For a complete job description, Veteran’s Preference, and application, visit our website at www.canbyutility.org or contact Barbara Benson by calling 503-266-1156 x 312, email: email@example.com or in person at 1265 SE 3rd Avenue, Canby, OR 97013.
Applications are accepted until filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.canbyutility.org.