Website Canby Utility Board
Canby Utility is a municipal electric and water utility located in the northern Willamette Valley, just 30 minutes south of Portland, Oregon. We have an immediate opening for a journeyman lineman. Canby Utility serves a population of approximately 18,000 with 8,300 electric meters, owns two substations, is approximately 85% underground, and is a full requirements customer of the Bonneville Power Administration.
The successful candidate must possess and have the ability to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills, ability, and competencies to perform all related duties associated with being a journeyman lineman, including construction, maintenance, and repair of overhead and underground electric distribution system facilities and equipment; substation experience is a plus.
- Journeyman Lineman status as recognized by Canby Utility.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of overhead and underground line construction and maintenance.
- Proficiency in using hot sticks and other tools of the trade used in construction, maintenance, and repair of electric distribution facilities.
- Proficiency in operating line trucks and heavy equipment.
- Available for standby assignment and emergency response to after-hours calls.
- Must have the ability to meet the physical demands typical for the position, with or without accommodation.
- Must be able to successfully pass a post-offer pre-employment physical capacity screening by a licensed medical professional or physical therapist, drug test, criminal background check, and acceptable driving history verified through the Department of Motor Vehicles and DOT Clearinghouse.
- Must have a valid Class A Commercial driver’s license.
- Knowledge and understanding of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.269 rules and regulations.Canby Utility offers an excellent benefits package, including 95% of premiums paid for employee and family medical, dental, and vision insurance. 100% for basic life insurance. Company paid contributions to Oregon PERS/Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP) and monthly contributions to the employee’s VEBA account. Canby Utility offers 401(k) and 457 deferred compensation plans. Paid vacation and sick leave days in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
For a complete job description, Veteran’s Preference, and application, visit our website at www.canbyutility.org or contact Barbara Benson by calling 503-266-1156 x 312, email: email@example.com or in person at 1265 SE 3rd Avenue, Canby, OR 97013.
Applications are accepted until filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.canbyutility.org.