Company Name: Emerald People's Utility District
Phone Number: (541) 744-7457
Job Title: Business Systems Analyst
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Information Technology / IS and Application Support
Posting Start Date: July 15, 2016
Salary: $76,761- $93,246
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
The Business Systems Analyst provides day-to-day and strategic support to end users of Emerald’s business applications. The position delivers an array of services including design, development, and testing of business applications, report writing, and data management. The Business Systems Analyst serves as a liaison between end users and development partners and maintains an understanding of end user needs, how they can be addressed, and what gaps exist within existing information and/or processes. The position assures that technology systems are developed, operated, and maintained to most effectively support the business operations of the utility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Elicit business requirements from various stakeholders using interviews, document analysis, business process descriptions, task and workflow mapping, or other techniques as needed.
- Document business process flows and develop use case models.
- Collaborate with end users to identify information gaps and process inefficiencies.
- Challenge end users and management staff on their assumptions and recommend advisable or required changes to business systems and processes.
- Estimate relative complexity of proposed technology solutions and assist in decision making that balances usability, problem resolution, and resource costs.
- Design, develop, document, test, and maintain new and existing processes to support business requirements; evaluate, recommend, and assist with the integration of new and existing technology applications.
- Serve as liaison between end users and vendors/development partners to ensure effective business solutions.
- Manage issues and concerns during application design, development, and deployment to ensure adherence to requirements.
- Establish testing plans for new applications; perform preliminary tests to ensure basic operations before managing general testing among the end users.
- Assist with system implementations, training, and quality assurance through documented business procedures, end user instructions and manuals.
- Perform data management and auditing, including querying system databases for general analysis, consistency, and identification of anomalies.
- Support end user business processes by performing tasks such as custom report writing, data querying, and offering system navigation assistance.
- Adhere to project deadlines and budgets and communicate effective status updates.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science, or a closely related field.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst or equivalent role.
- Must possess detailed knowledge of major operational business processes such as accounting and customer service.
- Must have experience in developing requirements, business process and workflow modeling, software testing, and implementing business application solutions.
- Must have experience with vendor selection and system implementations.
- Must have knowledge and experience working with relational database concepts and structures, including SQL syntax and writing queries against complex databases.
- Expert knowledge of both Crystal Reports and Microsoft Access, and experience using them to design and generate reports from a wide range of data sources, is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of other general purpose programming languages is preferred.
- Knowledge of project management principles, including planning, execution, risk and change management is preferred.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to effectively work with employees at all levels of the organization and the public in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Must be comfortable working in a small organization with a culture of limited hierarchy and greater autonomy.
- Must be self-directed at times and able to proactively work with others to solve problems.
- Experience working within the utility industry is strongly preferred.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit the following:
- Completed EPUD application
- Cover letter (Please explain why you want to be considered for this position, and provide details about your past work-related experience to support your qualifications.)
- Veterans’ Preference Form, if applicable.
Application forms and a complete position description are available at www.epud.org/careers/ or at the front desk. Position closes at 6 PM on Monday, August 15, 2016.
Please send application packet to the attention of the Human Resources Manager, Emerald PUD, 33733 Seavey Loop Road, Eugene OR 97405. Applications with resume and cover letter can also be submitted by email to: email@example.com.
Posting End Date: August 14, 2016