Company Name: NW Natural
Phone Number: (503) 226-4211
Job Title: Business Development Segment Manager
Number of Openings: 2
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: March 3, 2017
Salary: $108,350 – $157,000
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
NW Natural offers a Business Development Segment Manager opportunity to interested applicants. The following is a summary of the position specifics.
Purpose of Position:
NW Natural is seeking a Business Development Segment Manager to help identify, evaluate and execute on a variety of potential business development opportunities. The Business Development Segment Manager will be a senior member of the Business Development team and will have direct responsibility for specific business segments such as Compressed Natural Gas (CNG), Renewable Natural Gas (RNG), midstream/storage assets, corporate and asset-level mergers and acquisitions (M&A), district energy, Combined Heat and Power (CHP), distributed generation and/or other potential business segments. The Business Development Segment Manager will work closely across functional teams within the Company to develop detailed segment-level business plans, define the strategy and support business plan implementation.
Position Essential Functions:
- Supports Company’s commitment to a culture of safe work practices.
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop detailed segment-level business plans and strategies
- Work collaboratively with key counterparts across the Company, including from marketing, legal/regulatory, legislative, operations, engineering, and other internal groups to craft and implement segment-level business plans
- Assess potential business opportunities, including qualitative and quantitative benefits and risks
- Conduct detailed financial analysis on segment-level opportunities, including pro forma impacts on shareholders, customers and other key Company stakeholders
- Create detailed financial models to evaluate potential business segment scenarios, structures, pricing models and other key factors
- Gather and interpret market data/intelligence and research
- Develop relationships with industry counterparts, gather industry intelligence, and analyze peer programs
- Perform due diligence and related evaluative analysis
- Develop regulatory strategies and assist in obtaining regulatory approvals of proposed programs as applicable
- Identify potential external opportunities, initiate outreach and negotiate with transaction counterparties, as applicable
- Present business plans and proposed strategies to selected executives and board members
- MBA or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 8+ years of proven business development experience
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills including ability to analyze a wide variety of business opportunities related to the energy industry
- Understanding of advanced financial modeling using Excel
- Understanding of strategic planning, corporate finance, statistics and economics
- Experience drafting business plans and developing corporate strategies
- Demonstrated ability to develop a concept into a successful business or program
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across functional groups within an organization
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct, analyze, evaluate, and form independent judgments
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Understanding of regulated utilities, energy industry and/or related businesses preferred
- Experience in mergers/acquisitions, transaction structuring or related skills preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail
Salary Range: $108,350 – $132,750 – $157,000 (Grade 24) depending on qualifications
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, submit a complete electronic application including a cover letter and a resume.
Applications will be reviewed once application deadline has passed.
Deadline: March 17, 2017
NW Natural is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also promote a drug-free work environment.
Posting End Date: March 17, 2017