Company Name: KLJ
Phone Number: (701) 355-8400
Job Title: Business Development Manager – Power Delivery
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Operations
Posting Start Date: January 8, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
At KLJ, we love engineering, moving forward, and bringing ideas to life. Our work is more than a project, it’s a long-term solution for the communities in which we live and work. We are committed to providing an exceptional experience to our customers – every project, every time. We reimage what projects can be through innovative planning, design, and support of infrastructure projects of all shapes and sizes. Join our team and reimagine what your career can be.
Identify and pursue business development opportunities with a focus in Power Delivery (transmission and distribution), as well as offering all of KLJ’s services through our ONE KLJ model.
- Open, initiate, and nurture new business opportunities by pursing qualified sales leads that generate actual contracts/agreements and revenue streams which align with corporate objectives.
- Identify new and qualified sales leads.
- Work closely with business leaders to grow additional revenue.
- Bundle and articulate KLJ’s service offerings across multiple markets, promoting the ONE KLJ model.
- Maintain accurate client and sales lead data in the company’s CRM system.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, prioritize, and monitor client relations as it relates to business development.
- Monitor industry trends and identify potential opportunities for company growth.
- Set up, participate in and facilitate meetings with prospective clients.
- Utilize effective written and oral communication to clearly articulate the services and value the company provides.
- Work effectively both independently and as team member with the go-to market, production and project management teams to determine who is the best go-to market team to attend initial meetings with prospective clients.
- May attend industry trade shows to accumulate new leads and connect with existing clients
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, finance, marketing, or a related field; applicable experience may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- 5 years of experience in business development/sales experience in transmission and delivery.
- Ability to influence others to action
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor and presence with the ability to interact with internal and external contacts at all levels
- High level of emotional intelligence to be able to read and interpret situations and adjust approach to drive business results
- Established T&D network of contacts
- Ability to develop and sustain strong professional relationships over an extended period of time by delivering value to clients, actively listening and following through on commitments
- Ability to articulate company’s services in a manner that connects with clients and provides value to them
- Must be self-motivated and maintain a positive outlook
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
- Previous experience selling professional services in the Power Delivery Market
- Previous work experience in an engineering related environment
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work 40+ hours per week with 20% of the time spent in the office and 80% in the field.
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, and crawl
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear and communicate clearly
The employee must:
- Frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US. KLJ does not sponsor applicants for employment-based visas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Posting End Date: February 8, 2018