Company Name: Cowlitz PUD
Phone Number: (360) 501-9221
Job Title: Business Analyst – Accounting
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative / Clerical Support
Posting Start Date: May 30, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Business Analyst provides a wide range of technical and support services in order to advance the District’s objectives. The positon requires an organized approach, the ability to digest data and present useful information, an understanding of business processes/systems and critical thinking skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Translate data into useful management information and reporting
- Assist with budgeting, financial modeling, rate work and forecasting
- Special projects for business process and systems improvement, workflow and internal audit
- Assist in the preparation of board materials
- Tracking of detailed budget information
- Back-up as needed for certain accounting and finance functions
- Ad hoc and routine analysis and reporting
- Other duties as assigned to meet Ditrict goals and expectations
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must work with precision and possess very strong organizational and analytical skills including advanced proficiency with arithmetic and statistics.
- Advanced aptitude in the use of each of the following MS Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to take initiative and be self-motivated in order to make independent decisions using sound judgment.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal and customer service skills to courteously deal with and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other District employees, outside vendors and the general public.
- Must be adept at business letter writing and report preparation including, business English composition, grammar, spelling, punctuation, technical writing and letter and report formatting.
- Ability to work in multi-task work environment, with constant interruptions and distractions while maintaining and meeting strict deadlines for projects.
- Requires conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly in a professional business-like manner, both orally and in writing. Must understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of restricted or private information and records and effectively handle sensitive matters.
- May require work hours in excess of 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
- Must wear proper apparel for assigned working conditions in accordance with the District’s dress code policy.
- May require some travel.
- Observe and abide by all District policies, goals and objectives.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for 50% of the time with up to 4 hours of consecutive computer work.
- Must be able to exchange phone conversations with office background noise.
- Must be able to position self to move up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to pass post-offer background check.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license and be able to drive safely in all weather/road conditions.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. It is intended as a general guide of the duties and tasks required and is by no means an exhaustive list of all of the duties or responsibilities of this position. A job description is a dynamic living document that changes as business needs change. This job description may be clarified and duties may be removed or added as necessary. District employees operate as a team and from time to time an individual may be asked to perform tasks that are out of the ordinary for his/her position. Performing all tasks as assigned is an important part of being a team member and is a key expectation of this position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical field
- 5+ years of associated work experience
- Practical application ability with Microsoft Office and Visio
- ERP and database experience preferred
- Detailed analytical abilities
Posting End Date: June 16, 2017