Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Building Operator Serviceman (U17-036)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: March 27, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 3, 2017 (Internally)
Open until filled (Externally)
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Building Operator Serviceman (U17-063)
$33.81-$39.71 per hour
Work under the direction of the World Trade Building Manager and Chief Building Engineer of the World Trade Center Complex.
- Service and maintain all heating systems, air-conditioning units, pumps, electric motors, and mechanical equipment within the complex.
- Perform operations of all plant equipment and systems and building hardware.
- Will be required to know first-aid practices and emergency procedures
- Continually maintain records, such as daily work reports, preventive maintenance records, and equipment maintenance records.
- Test and maintain building fire systems.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Able to work effectively and harmoniously with customers, tenants and general public.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the operation and maintenance of class A type buildings.
- Be a journeyman in the trade of Stationary Operating Engineer or equivalent.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of plant operation and equipment.
- Must have limited maintenance electrical license or equivalent (Or obtain it within 6 months during the probationary period.)
- Competent with the Installation and the repair of plumbing fixtures associated with in a class A building.
- Must have CFC Certification. (Or obtain it within 6 months of the probationary period.)
- Be physically, mentally and emotionally able to perform the duties of the job efficiently and safely.
- Required to live within a reasonable distance from headquarters.
- A valid driver’s license with evidence of safe driving habit.
How to Apply:
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=U17-063. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: April 27, 2017