Company Name: Franklin PUD
Phone Number: (509) 546-5949
Job Title: Broadband Support Technician
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Telecommunications
Posting Start Date: May 2, 2017
Salary: $65,092.00 - $96,764.00
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
- Fiber Records: Maintains and tracks broadband engineering drawings, job specifications, Service Order Summaries (SOS), Service Order Quotes (SORQ), contracts, and other essential paperwork as needed.
- Inventory: Responsible for recommending purchases and for maintaining adequate inventory of broadband materials. Works closely with the Broadband Services Manager to provide guidance on purchasing specifications and quantities. Follows District purchasing policies.
- Fiber Quotes: Receives inquiries from RSPs and performs all field surveys, estimates, and pricing for service installations. Responds to inquiries in a timely manner. Works with Broadband department employees to develop SOS and SORQ. Tracks status of all quotes.
- Fiber Engineering/Construction: Works with Broadband Services Manager to properly size and place all infrastructure as appropriate. Coordinates construction with District employees and/or contract crews. Inspects and approves all completed jobs. Ensures all relevant permits/applications are obtained prior to construction of project.
- Customer Installs/Turn-up: Installs customer premise equipment, places jumpers, verifies circuits are functioning properly, and performs associated testing.
- Construction Management: Monitors the contract crew job schedules, installed timeframes, and ensures all construction materials are provided to contract crew. Makes field decisions as needed. Coordinates with Transmission & Distribution Superintendent on construction work performed by Franklin PUD crews.
- Fiber Maintenance: Ensures District infrastructure is properly maintained. Responds to outage calls and replaces equipment. Proactively inspects plant infrastructure to ensure no hazardous conditions exists. Works closely with Broadband Services Manager and Information Services personnel on all major issues.
- Professional behavior: Understands and follows the District’s and supervisor’s expectations regarding appropriate dress, attendance, punctuality, scheduled and unscheduled time off, and appropriate use of District time, equipment, and resources.
- Teamwork: Works closely and effectively with department members and others as needed to promote a positive team environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience: Requires a two year telecommunications technical/vocational degree and four years relevant work experience. Equivalent work experience, training, and education may substitute for the degree. LAN/WAN knowledge and knowledge of basic outside plant construction/fiber construction techniques preferred. Prior Experience with CAD/GIS Systems preferred.
Posting End Date: May 14, 2017