Website Bonneville Power Administration
Please apply on USAjobs at: USAJOBS – Job Announcement
As a Public Utilities Specialist (Account Executive), you will:
- Serves as a recognized technical expert on applicable laws, policies, standards, directives, and guidelines governing business relationships for all Transmission Customers including extra-regional IOUs and public agency customers, and all renewables customers.
- Is responsible for transmission sales contracts, monitor revenue, overall implementation of transmission strategy objectives, and overall achievement of customer satisfaction for assigned customers; stakeholder outreach; and coordination among BPA offices and other Federal Agencies.
- Serves as the BPA primary point-of-contact for assigned customers; negotiating and executing the diversity of transmission agreements including Commercial sales agreements with assigned customers; leading core customer teams comprised of staff experts from other BPA functions to ensure customer needs and issues are effectively addressed.
- Leads across all Transmission functions including engineering studies, planning processes for managing growth on the system.
- Define objectives; interpreting policies promulgated by authorities, which are senior to the immediate supervisor and determining their effect on program needs; independently planning, designing, and carrying out the work to be done; and providing authoritative advice and guidance to agency officials responsible for broad program operations within the area of expertise.
- Provides authoritative advice and guidance to BPA senior executives and managers on the interpretation and implementation of technical policy directives and programs and is also responsible for representing the interests of TS and BPA in industry forums and groups.
As required by Executive Order 14043, Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If you are selected for this position, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 by November 22, 2021, or prior to onboarding, if hired after November 22, unless you request a legally required exception from this requirement.
As part of onboarding, you will need to submit DOE’s Certification of COVID-19 Vaccination for Prospective Federal Employees attesting to truthfulness that you are fully vaccinated by November 22, 2021, or prior to onboarding, if hired after November 22, 2021. Once onboard, you will then be required to provide proof of vaccination in DOE’s MyEnergy system and certify the documentation you provide is true and correct under penalty of perjury. Providing a knowing and willful false statement on either DOE’s COVID-19 Vaccination Form prior to starting or when providing proof of vaccination in DOE’s MyEnergy system once onboard is punishable by fine and/or imprisonment (18 U.S.C. 1001) and will result in termination from Federal service.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: A qualified candidate’s online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level GS-12 in the Federal service.
Specialized experience for this position is defined as: Experience in interpreting policies, standards, directives, and guidelines governing power transmission marketing to include planning, designing, and providing authoritative advice and guidance to officials responsible for overall program operations.
There is no substitution of education for experience at the GS-13 level.
“Experience” refers to paid and unpaid experience. Examples of qualifying unpaid experience may include: volunteer work done through National Service programs (such as Peace Corps and AmeriCorps); as well as work for other community-based philanthropic and social organizations. Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills; and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To apply for this job please visit www.usajobs.gov.