The primary purpose of this position is to operate all line equipment used in construction, maintenance and removal of overhead and underground power lines, working under the direction of the Lineman Foreman or supervisor.
- Support the District’s mission to serve our customers and foster a positive workplace by personally choosing behavior aligned with our values and ethical code.
- Responsible for completing assigned work in a safe efficient, manner that is in conformance with all applicable regulations by using safety equipment, such as wearing personal protective equipment and understanding the Accident Prevention Manual.
- Responsible for construction of all phases of overhead and underground line work by exhibiting a full understanding of all phases of District electrical standards, practices and operating instructions; and accurately reading and interpreting construction drawings.
- Ensure District system reliability by repairing, maintaining and troubleshooting all overhead and underground transmission and distribution power lines and associated equipment.
- Contribute to serving customer needs by operating all line equipment used in construction, maintenance and removal of overhead and underground power lines.
- Responsible for maintaining system reliability by performing maintenance, construction and switching for both distribution and transmission voltages.
- Complete other duties as assigned to meet team, department and organizational goals.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- High School or equivalent GED and satisfactory completion of a Lineman Apprenticeship Program
- Journeyman certification in Lineman craft
- Primary residence within 20 miles of Kennewick Headquarters
Licensing or Certification:
- Must possess and maintain a Washington State Class “A” CDL and associated Medical Examiners Certification. If in possession of a CDL from another State, must transfer to a Washington State Class “A” CDL within 30 days of hire.
- Flagging/traffic control certifications and valid First Aid and CPR certification cards or obtain within 12 months of hire
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic computer skills or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Ability to climb power poles
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with the National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) as adopted by the State of Washington
- Prefer experience with GIS mapping systems and hot-stick use
- Attention to detail
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit www.bentonpud.org.