Website Beartooth Electric Cooperative, Inc
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Line Superintendent will oversee the safe construction, operation, and maintenance of the electric distribution and sub-transmission system.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise and direct Line Crew Foremen and contract construction crews in the construction, operation, and maintenance of overhead and underground transmission and distribution facilities.
- Possess and maintain knowledge and understanding of Rural Utilities Service (RUS),
- National Electric Safety Code (NESC), Cooperative Safety Manual, and other applicable standards and regulations to ensure that the Cooperative’s distribution facilities are constructed and operated in a safe and efficient manner, consistent with these standards.
- Oversee the planning, organization, and scheduling of all work released to the Operations department to maximize safety, efficiency, and productivity.
- Lead the restoration and coordination efforts during large outage events.
- Assist in securing personnel, equipment, and materials in preparation for weather-related restoration efforts.
- Perform job site visits of service and construction crews to ensure adherence to safety and construction standards.
- Operate the Outage Management System, CIS system, and Mapping and Staking system, as required.
- Switch substations and circuits and be familiar with the electrical system’s switching points and protective devices.
Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Progressively responsible related work experience in the utilities industry provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the position's duties. HS diploma/equivalent and a Journeyman Lineman Certificate or Bachelor of Engineering degree.
- Knowledge of the construction, operation, and maintenance of distribution and transmission lines and substations.
- Must possess knowledge of the National Electrical Safety Code, RUS Materials Specifications Construction, OSHA regulations, line construction vehicles, tools, and equipment.
- Must have the ability to understand the Cooperative’s system maps, staking sheets, and other work order procedures required of the job. Must have the ability to supervise, coach, and mentor employees.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, preferably Class A CDL.
BEC offers excellent pay and the NRECA benefits package, including 401k, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Pre-employment drug and physical test is required, and must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Montana driver’s license.
Applicants must submit a completed BEC application, cover letter, and resume to Pat Petterson, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please see the BEC website for details: www.beartoothelectric.com, click the My BEC tab, Careers.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com