Company Name: Silicon Valley Clean Energy
Phone Number: (917) 974-0199
Job Title: Associate Legislative Analyst
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: April 13, 2018
Salary Per: Per Month
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Silicon Valley Clean Energy Seeks a New Associate Legislative Analyst
The Associate Legislative Analyst is responsible for growing and maintaining SVCE’s effectiveness on the legislative side of policymaking. The new Associate Legislative Analyst will:
- Develop high-level policy and responses for key legislative issues affecting SVCE, including strategy and prioritization of legislative action for Manager of Regulatory and Legislative Effectiveness and CEO consideration.
- Track, analyze, interpret, and summarize bills introduced in the California legislature that could impact SVCE and its customers.
- Represent SVCE in the legislative process through preparation of education materials for policymakers, attendance at legislative events, organizing meetings with legislators and other relevant stakeholders, and other relevant activities.
- Develop and maintain advocacy partnerships with stakeholder groups in SVCE’s territory whose legislative platforms align with SVCE’s.
- Under direction of the Manager of Regulatory and Legislative Effectiveness, work closely with technical experts and external regulatory counsel to develop effective and persuasive communications before the CA Legislature, and any other legal or regulatory body as may be needed.
The new Associate Legislative Analyst will have knowledge of California utility rate design, electric resource planning, demand resource solutions and regulatory relations; California legislative process and protocols; Communications portals and web-based resources for regulatory and legislative activity; Campaign organizing and management; Depending upon the assignment, principles and practices in the areas of energy efficiency, energy resources and procurement, or other to be determined areas.
The qualified candidate will possess:
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in economics, business administration, environmental science, public policy or a related field.
Experience: Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in legislative affairs at an electric utility, regulatory agency, or legislative office with emphasis on electric procurement issues, energy efficiency, energy market structure, or a closely related field.
Compensation and Benefits…
$5,587 – $8,780 monthly, DOQ, plus a competitive benefits package.
How to Apply:
The position is open until filled with initial screening beginning in June. To be considered for this position, please submit a SVCE application, detailed resume, cover letter, and three professional references to:
Bryce Consulting, Inc.
3436 American River Drive, Ste. 7A
Sacramento, CA 95864
Tel: 916-974-0199 Fax: 916-974-0224
The full class description and a SVCE application can be found at: www.SVCleanEnergy.org/Jobs
Posting End Date: May 31, 2018