Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Assistant V
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative / Clerical Support
Posting Start Date: August 22, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Centralized Drawing Control and Quality Assurance
- Ensure the electronic document manager system (Vault) is accurate, drawings are viewable, and lifecycle states are correct.
- Maintain as-built database to ensure effective scanning, tracking and processing. Confirm accuracy of as-builts received from designers, engineers, and field crews. Process and distribute as-built packages.
- Ensure integrity and consistency of Vault; determine when data or file is corrupted, investigate, resolve, and partner with engineers to correct errors.
- Ensure accuracy of drawing distribution matrix (drawing size, number of copies, etc.) for substation groups. Work closely with engineers to ensure that crew and technician needs are met by providing accurate and timely drawing distribution for construction projects and as-built updates. Drawing distribution is electronically controlled and managed through Vault.
- Create and distribute transmittals for as-builts and drawing issues.
- Update the operating one line index and prepare operating one lines for issue.
- Process detailed construction packages. Ensure the drawing data contents are complete, match Vault and drawing status is updated. Issue and distribute packages in a timely manner to meet critical construction or outage schedules.
- Coordinate printing needs with Printing Services.
- File, update, and maintain large hanging file drawings for projects and as-builts.
- Ensure technical specifications and operating manuals are processes accurately and distributed in a timely manner according to procedure. Post electronic versions on eRecords.
- Distribute vendor review drawings to appropriate designers and engineers. Adhere to project schedule.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Typically 5+ years of experience in drawing/design related area
- Working knowledge of the Autodesk Vault electronic document management system.
- Basic knowledge of interpreting electrical, mechanical and civil drawings to identify drawing data discrepancies.
- Basic knowledge of drawing lifecycle and moving to published status.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Access, and Outlook), eRecords, SharePoint, Maximo and PeopleSoft for purchase requisitions/purchase orders and receipting.
- Working knowledge of Company policies, practices and procedures; thorough knowledge of Substation Operations procedures within area of control.
- Excellent communication skills; extensive organizational/human relations skills to work with diverse internal/external clients.
- Possess or acquire elementary drafting skills in AutoCAD or MicroStation and be familiar with drafting standards and procedures.
- Attention to detail is a must.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Posting End Date: September 5, 2016