Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Assistant V – Utility Permit Coordinator R16-694
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative / Clerical Support
Posting Start Date: December 9, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 22, 2016
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Assistant V – Utility Permit Coordinator R16-694
Administer the pole permit process in the Utility Asset Management group (UAM) by evaluating, processing and tracking pole attachment permit applications submitted by customers that want to attach to PGE poles.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Permit coordinators facilitate the processing of permits for electric power, cable television, telephone companies and others that want to attach their wires to poles owned by PGE.
- Receive and validate electronic permit requests – front line to ensure permits are complete, accurate, and consistent with licensee’s facilities attachment agreement.
- Ensure timely response to customers in accordance with OPUC administrative rules and departmental metrics.
- Ensure data integrity by utilizing macros and accurate input of attachment data into multiple systems.
- Create maps and work packets for field inspectors to locate poles and inspect proposed and/or constructed attachments on PGE poles.
- Create accurate backup for invoicing associated with pole attachment permits, inspections, sanctions, and make ready which must be consistent with contracts, JUFM billing policies and practices, and OPUC Administrative Rules.
- Receive and research customer inquiries related to permit status, attachment records, disputed charges on permit-related invoices, recommend appropriate resolution to management
- Process disconnect notices as licensees remove permitted attachments and notify PGE.
- Update appropriate systems and notify licensees of NESC code violations identified on PGE facilities.
- Associates Degree in Business (or related) field required. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Minimum two years of related experience required; four years of related experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of OPUC regulations, FCC, Telecommunication Act, NESC, SOX and Joint Use Facilities Attachment Agreements required. Relevant education in any of these specialties will be considered but preference will be given to candidates with experience in these areas.
- Strong knowledge of computer applications including MS Outlook, Excel, Access, Word, E-Records and GIS, Maximo, NJUNS,
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R16-694 If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
Posting End Date: December 22, 2016