Company Name: Portland General Electric
Job Title: Assistant V, Procurement and Administration (R18-118)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative / Clerical Support
Posting Start Date: February 21, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 5, 2018
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Assistant V, Procurement and Administration (R18-118)
This position supports the Fleet and Garage Operations groups and their management. The position will provide technical and administrative functions that support cross-functional groups. Provide centralized support for purchase order requisitioning, change orders, receipting in PeopleSoft Financials. Monitoring and resolving reported match exceptions working for and with multiple departments. Contribute to data accuracy within the Fleet Asset Management System (Fleet Focus) with data entry and data review from multiple other sources. Provide administrative and PGE program support for Duties are varied and complex requiring a high level of accuracy and close attention to detail.
- Creating purchase requisitions, change orders and receipting in PeopleSoft and/or Maximo. Degree of purchase order requisitions/receipting complexity ranges from relatively straightforward to complex. Areas of purchase order requisitioning and receipting for O&M and Capital will include, but not limited to; material and equipment, professional and consulting services, contract construction and other types of purchases including OfficeMax requisitions.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Five or more years of administrative support or related experience with little or no supervision.
- Excellent organizational/human relations skills to work with diverse internal/external clients and/or vendors.
- Thorough knowledge, or the ability to quickly develop a working level knowledge, of PeopleSoft Financials including the ability to:
- Understand and apply instructional procedures related to Procure to Pay processes.
- Create PeopleSoft requisitions and change orders in either the eProcurement or Purchasing module.
- Effectively use the PeopleSoft receiving module.
- Effectively analyze receipts and payments in PeopleSoft.
- Effectively search and query PeopleSoft to locate required information.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Thorough knowledge, or the ability to quickly develop a working level knowledge, of various computer applications such as Fleet Focus, PowerPlan, Sharepoint, One-Note, Visio, MyLearning, eRecords, PGE’s Document Management System & CRIS.
How to Apply:
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R18-118. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: March 5, 2018